Ch. 1: The Nightmares

Thomas/ Stiles PoV:

I am getting ready for bed. Tomorrow I have work and then I am having lunch with Scott. I mean I am pretty excited.

Sadly can't have any alcohol since I will have to go back to work. That's what I use to have the memories foggy.

After high school instead of going into the FBI I decided to go work for my dad. Oh and you know possibly take over as sheriff. I couldn't go to the FBI after everything I have been through.

I was just about to get into bed when I heard:

"Tommy"

"No. Just my imagination..." I tell myself. I pull up my long sleeve shirt to look at my tattoo.

'Newt' It says in well Newt's hand writing from his letter. I just got it, no one knows, and it is already healed and perfect, just like him. It is on the inside of my left arm, right in the middle. I run my thumb over it and a tear rolls down my cheek. I would have put it on my right arm, the one Newt got the flare on. But also the left had a meaning. His limp was on his left leg. It was the 4th thing I realized about him after meeting him. 1st was his eyes, then his smile, followed by his kindness and British accent, then when he walked away I saw him limp. I now know why he had it, and it hurt me.

"4 years" I say quietly to myself. I look up around my room. Same one I have always had. After being gone for a year to them I didn't want to leave my dad. Scott keeps telling me to tho. He always says it would be best for when I want a 'girlfriend'. Welp that certainly will not happen. I mean certain girls are okay but...

Newt.

Newt was the one for me. We were supposed to get married. Even tho too everyone I was gone a year...to us it was 4? 6? 5 years? I lost count...

But I have been back 4 years. I know that for sure. I look back at my Tattoo. I haven't seen Scott since the day before I got it done. Didn't want them to know. But I mean with the uniform at work people will see it. I don't know if I am ready for that tho.

I let ought a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I look up to my alarm clock for the time. 12 AM. Okay I have a couple minutes left so I can read his letter. Even though I have memorized it. I get up and walk to my closet and bring out a small chest. I close my eyes and open it.

"Time to make sure everything is here." I tell myself.

Chucks Figure.

Necklace with his letter inside.

The small vile full of Blue liquid. The Cure. His Cure.

The only picture I have of Newt. It was before we left the Right arm to go to the City. It is black and White. I have had copies made. One of them is in a frame next to my Alarm Clock. Another one I put on my mirror in my Bathroom that is connected to my room. And my Lock screen on my phone is the same picture. No one has looked at my phone since I never let anyone see it.

And Lastly 2 engagement rings. Newt gave me his. Yes they were just random rings we found in the Scorch, but they were ours. Showed we love each other. I didn't take the ring off till he was gone. His had the diamonds. I still remember him being so happy at the sparkles in it. He was cute like that.

 He was cute like that