2

November 17, 2014

"Luke!"

Michael yelled as he picked up a used underwear from the ground in the shared bathroom of the apartment. He was beyond done with Luke's disgusting mess.

"I swear to you Luke, if I have to tell you one more damn time to-"

Footsteps came running down the hardwood floors in a heavy pace.

"Michael, it's Luke.... you have to come." A breathless Harmony came with eyes wide and slippery.

"What's going on?" He took as many steps as it took to put two arms on her shoulders and bend his knees slightly to see her pale face.

"Luke and I got into an argument, he stormed off and I don't know where he went. He looked so mad, Mikey he looked so different." she spoke as fear radiated of her tone.

"Breathe." he rubbed his hand on her shoulders and then gently pulled her in, fearing that if he didn't she would shrivel.

"Can we go find him, he won't answer my calls, and he seemed scary, almost."

Michael noticed her shaken presence.

"Please I'm worried that he'll hurt himself, or someone else."

The two walked quickly to pick up a set of keys and made there way to the garage. The empty spot next to the black Lexus, signaled that Luke took off in Ashton's car, 'what is he thinking he can't even drive in the U.S. yet' thoughts filled Harmony's head.

They sat in the car thinking where he could have gone.

"Beach?" Michael suggested.

His favorite place.

"No, too far." Harmony knew that wasn't it.

"Studio?" Michael pictured Luke playing the guitar for hours whenever he got upset.

Then she remembered that only two weeks ago he had told her about a small place five minutes down 36th street that gave mini guitar sessions.

She eagerly directed Michael how to get there when she reached a red light.

They started to talk about what caused the argument and Harmony barely wanted to speak of it. The memory of Luke blowing up over a stupid disagreement, only moments after kissing her sweetly, made a sour feeling settle in her abdomen.

An ambulance broke the traffic behind her and she pulled over letting it speed past her.

She used it as an excuse to change the subject, no longer wanting to feel sad. All she wanted was to find him and tell him that she loved him, to put this argument behind her like the rest of the idiotic ones they had, had recently.

Luke and her never, ever argued as much as they had in the last week.

As they drove a couple blocks down, Harmony's foot had a sudden encounter with the breaks of the car.

Her heart sunk in a sea of burning acid, as fear penetrated her chest.

Michael blinked once, twice, and then placed his hand over his mouth.

There was no way God's name, that it was Ashton's car that had collided with the side of a truck.

And if it was,

There was no way Luke could have made it out on time.