17

August 20, 2014

"I don't know Luke, what if she doesn't like me." Harmony stopped walking, tugging on his arm.

"Moni, we've known each other over a year now, believe me she knows more about you then you'd think." Luke said, turning around to face her.

"But-"

Luke hushed her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She gave him an unsure frown, shaking her head slowly.

"We've facetimed her, tons of times. Besides, all you have to do to impress her is show her your mad kitchen skill." He said smirking.

Harmony's eyes widened in fear because she had never done as much as boiled pasta, without failing epically. Luke quickly placed both arms on her shoulders, chuckling at her terror.

"I'm only kidding moni, please..." He said between laughs.

Right when you might have thought that she would say something back to defend herself, her fist clenched and hit the side of his arm.

They ended up finally making it to the porch of his old home, he rang the doorbell, sending chills through her body. Shortly after, the door swung open and a small little blonde lady appeared, yelling at someone else in the house.

"My baby is finally home!"

She then proceeded to cling onto Luke, tearing up in the process. He rubbed small circles in her back, shutting his eyes and softly smiling. Harmony watched and felt a sadness that came from the deep part of her, that missed her mother. Her mother remained back in her old city, and they hadn't seen each other in months.

"Oh my, you must be Harmony." The sweet lady marked, and took a step towards her.

Harmony took a second to get excited over the sound of her name in a cute Australian tongue.

"Yeah, that would be me. It's so, so nice to finally meet you."

"Well, call me Liz sweetheart."she replied opening her arms, inviting Harmony into a hug, to which she gladly accepted.

"I must say, I've heard so many nice things from my son here." Liz said slowly pulling away from the hug, smiling at Luke who was standing next to them with his arms crossed.

Before Harmony could respond, a taller and broader, Luke stepped in to the conversation.

"Well if it isn't my bombshell blondie."

Luke turned to face him, smiling and pulling him into a hug.

"Jack, my brother." He said giving his back a couple pats.

"Well I wouldn't miss this supernova homecoming." He said smiling.

"That really means a lot bro," Luke said taking a step closer to Harmony, "I'd like you to meet Harmony."

"Very, very nice to meet you Harmony!" Jack said sticking out a hand for her to shake.

"Likewise." She smiled, slowly shaking his hand.

When they walked to the kitchen, the dinner table had been set for, four and they all took a seat. The table looked amazingly set out, as if every single plate and dish had been set out to a specific design. A baked chicken sat on a bed of greens, while wrapped in bacon in all edges, surrounded by bowls of salad and mashed potatoes. Luke had always mentioned his mothers cooking, but never her presentation in the kitchen. Her way of decorating ever tray with food, it was gourmet level. Besides the beautiful set up of food, silverware was put in perfect organization.

While harmony embellished in the elegance of Luke's mom's kitchen technique, being incredibly impressed, the others moved into other conversations of work and American life.

"So harmony, do you live in Los Angeles, as well?" Liz asked, breaking Harmony's culinary trance.

"Yeah, I live a couple miles away. An area called Inglewood." She explained.

"Oh, yeah I believe I might have driven past there once or twice when I visited last year." Liz said smiling.

Harmony's cozy home was ten minutes from where the boys lived, but more importantly, she lived only a street crossing from her favorite coffee shop. Harmony lived comfortably thanks to the funds her online college scholarship had given her, along with the scarce job openings for low profile music performances, which she had only done a handful of times. While Luke and his mates lived the performers dream, Harmony refused to use that as her stepping stool. Besides she had just learned of her talent thanks to Luke, she wasn't the most confident in her abilities.

The rest of that dinner went casually in the name of food comas.

Later on that day, Luke took Harmony out to the near by lake the though what looked like a hikers trail. The sun was borderline setting, making the sky a mix of tangerine and lilac. Tall forest woods and oaks surrounded them, and the sound of crunching twigs and dried leaves followed their every step.

"Let me guess, now you'll tell me a really cool story of your awesome childhood, then romantically tell me about the first time you brought a girl back here. Ooo better yet, you're going to tell me that I'm the first, because that would be even more romantical." Harmony said in a very dramatic and theatrical tone.

"Actually I brought a couple girls out here, two of which, I might have kissed under this very tree." He replied wiggling his eyebrows.

Harmony rolled her eyes, as he chuckles slightly and turned her back, facing the lake and its reflective glory. The lake made the world look as if, one half was photocopied to the opposite other. Then Harmony felt two arms wrap around her from behind, and she slowly molded her self to the approaching body warmth.

Luke placed a small kiss in the crease where her jaw met her neck, then rested his head on her shoulder, rocking her from side to side.

"This could work Moni, us and the tour."

She closed her eyes, ignoring the sting that came with that damned tour. It was inevitable, but she tried pushing it as far from her mind as possible.

"Yeah, maybe." She said turning slowly to face him, holding both his hands in hers.

"What do I have to do to make that maybe, a solid yes?" He narrowed his eyebrows, wanting a stronger assurance.

A tour meant time apart, every new relationship's biggest nightmare. This meant that that they wouldn't see each other for very long periods at a time, and in long periods of time things change. The fear of change always haunted Harmony, but not as much as her new fear, of losing Luke.

"A reason to believe that it will work, that despite all the different time zones between us and the interactions with new people, it will work Luke."

Honestly this is kinda filler, but kinda unedited, but kinda cute, but kinda tvd, but kinda family. I'll be back soon. Xx -s