33-THIRTY THREE🧡

Start from the beginning

"Asmau, welcome. Good morning," he greeted warmly, dismissing the nurse.

"Thank you, Doc. Good morning to you too," I replied with a smile.

"I actually wanted to talk to you," he mentioned.

"Sure, I'm all ears," I replied.

"I never knew you were married until two days ago. Why didn't you tell me?" he inquired.

My brow furrowed in confusion; why would I tell you about my personal life? "Well, I didn't find it important to tell you. Besides, I knew you would find out sooner or later."

"Ah, I understand," he nodded. "Well, I'm really happy for you."

"Thank you so much. I'll get going now. See you later," I said, preparing to leave. However, he called me back before I could go.

"Please, Asmau, if you need anything, let me know," he said sincerely.

I nodded with a warm smile. "In shaa Allah, I will. Thank you again," I replied before heading into the room to join my family.

**

"Ya Ma'u, we should get going," Rukkaya urged, as we prepared to pick up Ibty from the airport. I was excited to see my best friend again.

"Are you sure you can go?" Ya Aminah asked for the umpteenth time, her concern evident.

"Ya Ilahi! Ya Aminah, I'm okay. I'm totally fine, I can go," I reassured her.

"Ma'u, you need to rest. Don't forget you threw up earlier, and your head is aching," she persisted.

"Ya Aminah, I'm not. You're overreacting. I just ate something that my stomach didn't like, and a headache is normal. Let's just get going, please," I said, gently grabbing her hands, as we left the room together.

**

"Ibtyyyyyyy!" I waved my hands excitedly as I spotted her looking around after their flight had landed. Her face lit up with a wide grin when she saw us.

"Bestfriend!" she squealed and enveloped me in a tight hug.

"Amarya bakya laifi," I teased, and she rolled her eyes, muttering a "come on."

Ibty then turned to Ya Aminah and Sumayya, hugging them warmly. "Ibty, looks like marriage is treating you really well. You look so beautiful," Ya Aminah complimented her, causing Ibty to blush shyly.

Wow, Hajiya Ibty is shy! That's something. After the pleasantries, we began walking back to the car.

"Asmau, you are really glowing. Is there anything I need to know?" Ibty asked, wiggling her brows mischievously.

"What do you want to know? There's nothing," I replied, smiling.

"Are you sure?" She persisted, giving me a suspicious look.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Would you stop asking me questions I have no answers to? Such a pest."

"I'm not a pest because you missed me while I was gone."

"I did none of that. By the way, how's Kaduna? Are you starting to get used to it there or?"

"Well, it's alright. But just like I told you over the phone, Tj is getting his full transfer here permanently, so we are moving back to Abuja," she squealed.

I laughed, shaking my head. Ibty is always crazy. "Well, I'm happy for you but sad for me because that means I'll be seeing your face more often."

"Well, you got that right. So, how are the kids? And the twins? You told me Afeen and Afeena are walking really really well now, right?"