In summary,I was happy she was finally resting,I felt like she needed it. So here I was,staring at her and wondering what had her feeling so perturbed. Reflexively,I slowly ran the back of my fingers over the side of her face,retrieving them when she shuffled in her place.

         What is getting into you Daryl? How much more will you let yourself get attracted to her? I knew very well the questions that formed chains of thoughts in my head but I had no answer to them. The feelings were new to me and I didn't want to stop myself from exploring them.

         Bringing myself back to reality,I took out the comic book I'd stolen from Temi as he loved comics so he always had them in stock. I'd only flipped a few pages when I looked back to Kainene and noticed she no longer wore that peaceful expression,her brows furrowed and her lips parted slightly like she was trying to say something.

         I attempted going back to what I was doing but before I could,I noticed a tear roll down the bridge of her nose. She was crying in her sleep. And just here I was thinking she finally gained some rest from what was disturbing her.

         I noticed her fingers which lay over the table twitch lightly and my own brows furrowed as I studied her more closely. Her breathing had become rapid and erratic,like she was fighting with the oxygen around her.

          I tried walking her up the first time but she didnt budge. I wanted to leave her be but something kept pressing me to wake her up so I did,calling her and shaking her shoulders vigorously until she jolted back to life.

         I felt speechless,watching her look around the room before breaking down to tears. As confused as I was,and almost clueless as to what I was to do in this situation,I soothed her as much as I could,bringing her to rest over my shoulder.

          It was weird,what I felt while I held her against me,elated at the fact she relaxed more against me and distressed each time her shudders and gasps ran through me like nervous impulses,it stung.

         She pulled away after a while and I watched her wipe the tears beneath her eyes away. "Thank you" she whispered,darting her gaze down at her thighs. "Its okay" I told her,still watching her and wondering if I could inquire what just happened.

          I also decided against that idea,she probably wouldn't be able to explain even if she wanted to,I would only stress her the more if I inquired. I heard her sniff as she pulled herself together before turning to me,"Mr. Bright hasnt still come back?" She questioned lowly.

        "Not yet" I replied,noticing how her eyes had begun to swell up. "Kainene" I called out softly,taking one of her most palms in mine and making her look to me.
"I don't know if I'm in any place to say this but..." I started as she looked down to where I held her hand.

          "If you want to talk,I'll be more than happy to listen" I told her,unsure if I'd chosen the right combination of words. The edge of her lip etched up in a small smile as she nodded. "Thank you" she whispered,resting her head back on the table,her gaze not breaking away from where our hands were.

         It was only a matter of minutes before Mr. Bright came walking into the lab and Kainene withdrew her hand from mine. We walked in silence back to our class and I offered to carry her bag for her but she declined so I didnt push it.

         Our silent walk down the slabways ensued afterwards and seeing students emerging from the direction of the refectory,I presumed we'd once again missed lunch. "Give me the lab coat,I'll wash it for you" Kainene stopped us as we reached the intersection.

         "I said it's okay,don't worry about it" I told her,moving the labcoat out of her reach as she reached for it. "No,if I dont I'll feel somehow" she told me as she reached for it again but I transferred it to my other hand.