the ring

()

She doesn't let go of a single chance to show off the ring. It is on her ring finger, diamond encrusted, sparkling.

Perrie arrives to the premiere with his mom, when he peers inside the car to not find his sisters there, he smiles. Because obviously Doniya would have given his mom an eyebrow raise; ‘you can't expect me do this anymore, i am sure the loser will understand’ and he can imagine Waliyah protesting; ‘but why does she have to go with us again?’ and Safaa with her round eyes; ‘is bhai really getting married to her? i like her but i like liam more.’ If there is one thing he likes about his sisters the most, it's that they can't be molded into believing something for too long. They had eventually found out the truth about their brother's "deal" with Perrie, and they had been supportive about it. But also, they were against it on some level, being teenagers, and said a straight no when they wanted to. They had already skyped Zayn to let him know how this engagement thing was something they didn't want to be a part of and Liam had popped from somewhere, right behind Zayn and told them to not come if they didn't want to. They didn't have to be a part of it, anyway. And Safaa had put her palm on the camera, “high five liam!” and Liam had virtually high fived her saying, “I would ditch the premiere if I was you anyway. And Waliyah I am sorry, there is no Dave Franco coming, so you're not going to miss anything.”

Waliyah had rolled her eyes at him.

Now Perrie is coming towards him, with his mom by her side, both dressed in matching colors, how nauseating. His mom has a huge grin on her face, she looks so proud and Zayn is so happy. So happy, that nothing can bring him down.

He hugs his mom, a hand going around his and he smiles at Perrie, who beams at him genuinely. He knows she is truly happy for him as well, how can he hate her?

He looks down at her hand, and there is a ring on, like where he had been told it would be. He smiles at her, “I'm sorry you have to go through this. It looks good though, nice choice.”

She laughs with her head thrown back, “No big deal Zayn, and listen, I am so grateful to you. And proud of you, this is unbelievable!”

Zayn can't help but nod his head, as he is stopped for pictures. The endless screaming of fans is deafening but in a good way. He acts all sickeningly cute with Perrie, staying away from Liam as much as he can while Perrie makes sure they get numerous pictures taken, with her left hand on her waist. The ring in the face of the cameras. It's looks so artificial, Zayn thinks, even when it is so expensive and real.

He sighs in relief when the boys are ushered in and the movie starts playing on the big screen. Perrie is still sitting beside him, his mom on the other side, and then there's Liam behind him. And he doesn't know how it's possible but he is pretty sure that the solid weight nudging the back of his waist, is Liam's knee.