15

Myla's POV

It's been three days. Three days since I was suppose to get out of the hospital. No one has came here to pick me up.

I think that Andy and Juliet forgot about me. They never came to visit me, and they haven't been picking up the phone when I try to call them from the hospitals phone. Maybe they just don't want me anymore and I will have to go back to the orphanage.

I slowly walk over to the lunch table, where I have been having my meals at, and sat down in my spot, which is across from Veronica, next to Maya and diagonal from Bubba.

"You're not eating?" Veronica asked me, and I shook my head no.

"I am not hungry." I simply say.

"We'll a least have a slice of the breakfast pizza they have." Veronica said, making my heart warm up of how nice she is being to me, "It will be okay. I grabbed two slices instead of one." She finished handing me the slice she had in her hand.

I smiled at Veronica and took the food out of her hand. I placed the tip of the pizza and took a bite. I think that Veronica doesn't like breakfast pizza. She hasn't touched the piece that is on her plate.

--

"So how has life been kiddo?" Andy asked me once we were in his car.

I don't know what to feel right now. I am mad that Andy and Juliet didn't once bother to come and visit me at the hospital. I am mad at them for forgetting me there. I am sad because they didn't come see me and forgot about me. I guess I am more confused by tring to figure out what I am feeling.

"Good." I say.

I said it so that Andy should know that I am mad. I have a right to be mad. They forgot about me.

"Aw, doesn't sound like you had a good time. What happened?"

We'll I am glad that you got the hint.

"Well maybe because the only one who actually bothered to visit me at the hospital while I was there a staff member from the orphanage. Also what's so fun about staying in that place for three extra days because your adopted parents forgot about you, there child?" I asked him.

"Look..." Andy began," About that..."

"No. I don't want to hear it. Juliet and you forgot about the child you are suppose to take care of. It's time for you two to start actually acting like parents."

"Myla... I am sorry. It's just.... I was busy..."

"Doing what? Cheating on Juliet with that girl on the phone?" I cut him off.

"Y-You heard that?"

I nodded. "You are so lucky that I was the one who was awake and not Juliet."

I hear Andy letting out a sigh."Anyway, Juliet's home. She told me that she had gotten you from the hospital."

"Well she didn't."