𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Start from the beginning

But there was that one person that didn't pity me, didn't walk on eggshells around me constantly—well not always. That person who didn't look
at me with pity, didn't give me those puppy dog eyes, and expected me to be strong. He didn't look at me as if I was some broken piece of glass that needed fixing, he didn't expect to smile constantly or to be okay with everything, he simply just held me when I needed to be held. He understood me, he assured me, he was like this warm hug that you could just melt in like ice melting and he was fire.

I hated him, I hated everything about him but that. I liked the way he looked at me, so gently and analyzing everything about me. I liked the way his lips felt against mine, how softly he kissed my jawline, slowly leaving small trails of kisses on the shell of my ear, and down to my neck, as he memorized everything. His hands explored my body as mine moved up his chest, feeling every curve and line. The way his hand would hold the back of my head as he kissed me. I couldn't even begin to explain the feeling, being with him was euphoric.

I can't understand the feeling, the constant stomach churning ache as our eyes met and every inch of my skin would just burn, and he hasn't even touched me yet but the thought in my head. I don't know why it's happening, I hate him, he's everything I hate, everything I have always despised. His beliefs, his high ego, his need to belittle everything because of who he is, but sometimes I wonder what I'd be like to look in his eyes and really know him. Is he really just like this? Cold? Heartless? Or is it all a lie?

I don't know why it hurt so much when he reacted the way he did that night on the Astronomy Tower, it felt like my heart had just been crushed and then cut into tiny little pieces and fed to the squirrels.

"Ms. Young!" I heard my voice being called out as my body jerked up, and I looked up to Slughorn calling out my name. "Ms. Young, have you been paying attention to anything in my class today?"

I had a second—maybe less—to process everything as I blinked, my body acknowledging the response as I nodded my head unknowingly. "Of course I was Mr. Slughorn," I rubbed the back of my neck as I rolled my shoulders back. "I was just resting my head for a second."

Amelia looked at me from across the class as she raised a brow, giving me a questionable look as my eyes traveled to Bonnie who was next to her, giving me the same look. "Ms. Young I was quite unaware that a second meant fifteen minutes in your world, get back to work this instant," he spoke as I gave him an apologetic look, rubbing my forehead as I took a deep breath, my throat feeling parched as I groaned. "You look like absolute shit."

My head turned to my side as Blaise, rubbing his chin slightly as he looked down at me. "Like absolute crap I might say," he added as I chuckled slightly. "Such a generous comment Blaise, I appreciate the kindness so very much."

"I feel so overwhelmed with all the love you're showing me right now Evelyn, may have a heart attack because of it now," he smiles as I shake my head at his stupidity, laughing almost as I run my hand through my hair. "And she laughs, haven't heard that in the longest time, is it really you?"

"No it's actually Satan from hell, I thought today was a good day to visit my favorite person," I joked in a sarcastic tone as he played along with me. "I am very much honored by your highness though please get me the pufferfish from the ingredient cabinet."

"You git," I scoffed as he snickered. I looked down at the ingredient list for the potion we were making for the tournament practice—the last day—as I went to grab pufferfish from the shelf.

Pufferfish. Pufferfish. Pufferfish. Pufferfish.

I grabbed onto the pufferfish bottle as another hand grabbed it as well. My head turned to the side as Malfoy stood beside me, his gaze onto me as I crooked my head to the side. Well isn't this deja-vu, great.