Bonus Chapter: Parenting

“ Girls, no backwards tonight. You know Connor can’t keep up when you guys talk backwards.” Shawn waves goodbye and shuts the door behind Aaliyah and Sofia.

 It's almost seven and Shawn can see Camila watching his house from her window across the street. She didn't know that, but he could always see her watching his house from the window. Especially when they weren't officially dating, he would always come home and see her shadow on the window. It gave him hope that one day they could still be together. After their fight in the laundry room she stopped watching him like that and he knew he had screwed things up for good.

 Shawn grabs his keys and jacket before opening the front door and walking to his car. He backs out of his driveway straight into hers, stepping out of the car to find her waiting at her front door. They share a quick kiss before Shawn opens the passenger door for her and takes back his seat. He can smell her vanilla perfume taking over the air inside his car, the one that has become his favorite.

 “ Where are we going?” Camila asks.

 “ You’ll see. It’s a surprise.” Shawn tells her as he pulls out of her driveway, but instead of turning on the street, he pulls up straight into his own driveway.

 “ What are you doing, Shawn?” Camila asks, confused when he stops the car and runs around to her side of the car, opening the door for her.

 “ We’re here.” Shawn says, taking her hand and pulling her out of the car. He loves the look of confusion that crosses her face.

 “ You asked me out on a date to your house? I got dressed up, Shawn! I want to go somewhere.” Camila whines, making him laugh as they walk inside his house.

 “ No, you made me ask you on a date. I never said we were going anywhere. I just asked if you had plans.” He reminds her.

 He already cooked them dinner, so he walks into his kitchen and gets two plates from the cabinet. Instead of placing them on the table, he goes for the coffee table in the living room. Camila takes her jacket off and he can tell she’s a little disappointed when he takes a seat next to her on the floor, setting down their drinks too.

 “ I’m not trying to seem ungrateful.” Camila says with a mouthful of pasta. “ It’s just that we never get to go anywhere anymore. I was looking forward to doing something different.”

 “ Babe, I know what you mean, but tonight has sort of already been planned out for us.” Shawn says.

 “ What do you mean planned out for us? I’m not following.” She says, but he just continues eating. “ Shawn, just tell me what’s going on. You’re making me nervous.”

 “ I’m not trying to make you nervous.” Shawn grins at her. “ I’m just doing what I was told.”

 Camila gives up trying to get anything out of him because she can see he’s enjoying the whole thing.

 “ The pasta is good, at least.” She says, taking another bite of her food.

 “ So is the view.” Shawn replies, making her smile and wink at him before focusing back on her food.

 Camila is wearing her hair down and Shawn stares at her, taking in her beauty. He loves how incredibly beautiful she looks even when she’s not trying. He realizes he’s been just staring at her and has barely eaten half of his food, while Camila is almost finished.

 “ Shawn?” Camila says after wiping her mouth with a napkin. “ Does this planned out night perhaps involve your bedroom? More specifically… your bed?”

 She has a smirk on her lips, but her cheeks are turning red, so he can’t help but laugh at her question.

 “ Not exactly… unless that’s what you want, of course.” He smirks back at her, making her laugh with him.