28. Take a Shower

Camila ended up falling asleep in Shawn’s bed and when she opened her eyes again, she was no longer crying. She expects the tears to come back now that she’s awake, but instead she feels motivated, like she’s on some kind of mission.

She feels an odd urge to clean and sing, so she knows she'll need music. Walking into the living room, Camila quickly finds a small set of speakers, connecting her phone to it. She opts for a pop playlist on Spotify and when a Taylor Swift song starts playing, she cranks up the volume.

 She tries to get busy, but unfortunately, Shawn’s house is surprisingly clean for a male inhabitant. She has to search hard for something to keep her busy, so she decides for the bathroom first, scrubbing the toilet, the floors, the showers, the sinks, until everything is shiny. Moving to the bedrooms, Camila organizes, makes and remakes beds. She then dust and vacuums  the living room, mopping and wiping down every surface she can find in the house. And finally she ends up in the kitchen, washing the only two dirty dishes in the house.

 It’s almost seven when she hears Shawn’s car pull up outside, followed by him and the two girls entering the house. They stop immediately when they notice Camila sitting down on the living room floor.

 “ What are you doing?” Aaliyah asks.

 “ Alphabetizing.” Camila replies.

 “ Alphabetizing what?” Shawn asks.

 “ Everything. First I did the movies, then I did the CD’s. Aaliyah, I did the books in your room. I did a few of your games, but some started with numbers so I put numbers first, then titles.” Camila points to the pile in front of her. “ These are recipes. I found them on top of the fridge. I’m alphabetizing them by category first, like beef, lamb, pork, poultry. Then behind the categories I’m alphabetizing them by-”

 “ Girls, go to Sofia’s. Let Sinu know you’re back.” Shawn says, still watching Camila.

 The two girls don’t move, staring at the recipe cards in front of Camila.

 “ Now!” Shawn yells, making them quickly run to the door.

 “ Your sister is weird.” Aaliyah says to Sofia before they leave.

 Shawn sits down on the couch in front of Camila as she continues to organize the recipes.

 “ You’re the teacher.” She says. “ Should I put ‘baked potato soup’ behind potato, or soup?”

 “ Stop.” Shawn says, clearly annoyed.

 “ I can’t stop, silly. I’m halfway finished. If I stop now you won’t know where to find…” Camila grabs a random card. “ Jerk Chicken?”

 Shawn takes a look around the living room before standing up and walking to the kitchen, then a minute later he walks down the hallway, returning after a while.

 “ You color coded my closet?” He asks without smiling.

 “ Shawn it wasn’t that hard.” Camila says. “ You wear like, three different color shirts.”

 He walks to where she is and bends down, taking the recipe cards she has organized into piles.

 “ Shawn, stop!” Camila says, taking them back. “ That took me a long time.”

 Shawn lets her get the cards back and instead, grabs her wrists and tries to pull her up, but she just starts kicking his legs.

 “ Let me go! I’m not done!” She screams.

 He eventually gives up and lets Camila go back to organizing the cards, but she has to do everything from the beginning because he messed up what she had already done.

 “ What the hell!” Camila screams as she’s suddenly drenched in water.

 Camila looks up to find Shawn standing over her with an empty pitcher in his hand, and when she tries to hit his legs, he effortlessly gets her off the floor. He has his arms around her body, restraining her arms as her back is against his chest. He tries to pull her with him down the hallway, but she keeps fighting it. Next thing she knows, he lifts her up and carries her to the bathroom, shoving her into the shower. He holds her against the wall with one arm while turning the water on with the other, making ice cold water splash across her face.

 “ Asshole!” Camila screams and gasps when the water hits her face, but Shawn just keeps holding her as he waits for the water to get warmer.

 “ Take a shower, Camila!” He says, letting go of her and slamming the bathroom door. “ Just take a damn shower!”

 Camila jumps out of the shower, her clothes drenched while she tries to open the door, but she can tell he’s holding the doorknob from the outside.

 “ Let me go, Shawn! Now!” She screams, beating on the door.

 “ Camila.” Shawn says calmly from the other side. “ I’m not letting you out of the bathroom until you take off your clothes, get in the shower, wash your hair, and calm down.”

 Camila bets on the door for a bit more before finally taking off her wet clothes and throwing them on the floor. She walks back to the shower and the water feels warm against her skin this time, so she closes her eyes and lets it wash away everything she’s feeling, making her realize Shawn was right once again.

_____________________

A/N: omg this story is #1 on the shawmila tag!! thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting on this! 🥳💕💕