brother's best friend

I stood in the kitchen over the stove waiting for Thomas to get back from shooting the newest "Maze Runner" movie. He hasn't been home in ages. It was nice to have him over. I smiled thinking back to when we were children. We were inseparable. He always wanted to act, while I on the other hand, wanted to be a cosmetologist. We both went to the same college, being twins of course. Got to graduate with each other. Two different times...
But reality soon hit, and we realized that, we would have to go our separate ways, yes. But we would always be connected. (Twin vibes) He's been telling me all about his new friend, Dylan O'brien. I've watched several of his movies. I find him quite interesting. He's always so spunky, and weird. And I like that about him. I respect that about him. He's not afraid to just be himself. Thomas says that their characters are being shipped. Thomas and Newt. Of course I'm sure that was confusing for my brother, having to be on set, and one of the characters sharing his birth name. He told me that often times, the director would shout "thomas" and both he and Dylan would turn, trying to figure out who was being called. They had to start calling him TBS (Thomas Brodie- Sangster) instead of just Thomas. He likes nicknames though. 
Soon enough I heard a knock on my door and I ran to open it with a smile. "Thomas !!" "(Y/n)!!!" He smiled back giving me a hug. "I have a gazillion questions for you!" I squeezed him harder in the hug. "Sissy, I can't breathe." We often called each other "Bubba and Sissy" instead of our actual names, kind of a reminder of how close we were I suppose. "Sorry Bubba, I just haven't seen you in forever." I was startled by a laugh in the doorway behind Thomas. Of course he bought Dylan back with him.  I thought. I quickly let go of my brother and held out my hand. "I apologise for my lack of manners Mr. O'brien. I'm (Y/N). Thomas neglected to mention you were coming..." I glared back at Thomas who just stood there smiling. We honestly have the twin-tuition thing. Where we can "read" each other's mind. More like guess. He didn't tell me Dylan was coming because he wanted Dylan to see the 'real' me. The one who was standing there in her sweat pants and apron with her hair tied in a messy bun, flour on her face, and currently barefoot. "Oh, I hate to be a bother then... I'll go find a hotel, or something... Thomas-" he looked a bit exasperated.
"No, no there plenty of room and food for us all, don't you be leaving just because of a miscommunication." I waved my hand around in the air. Thomas nodded. "I told you she wouldn't mind." He smiled. Dylan gave a nervous laugh. "Yeah..." Well. This is awkward. "come on in, set your stuff down sweetheart, by the time you two get washed up, dinner will be ready and waiting. " I hugged Thomas one last time before heading in the kitchen-

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢
(Dylan's P.O.V)

I slugged Thomas in the arm gently. "DUDE!" This sent him into a fit of laughter. "You made me look like a complete idiot out there!!! I thought you said she liked me!" He stopped and became serious again. "She does Dylan. Otherwise she would have said 'yeah there's a hotel up this street' and she wouldn't have called you 'sweetheart." He started laughing again. "I mean she is really pretty." I said, honestly. "you only think that because she's the female version of me." He said through his laugher. Which was quickly turning into hiccups as well. "I hate you" I dead panned. "Love you too Dyl." He patted me on the shoulder as he stood up to put my stuff in the guest room. "Ready?" He asked. "Guess so...." I sighed. "What?" "I feel like an idiot, I look like an idiot, I talk like an idiot, I'm gonna make myself look like an idiot." He rolled his eyes. "Well come on idiot, we've got to eat some time." "Yeah."
We made our way into the kitchen to find the table stocked with food. "Who all were you planning on feeding???" Thomas asked surprised. "Just you. That hollywood diet you're on is making you look underweight." She laughed. "I also have my friend Sophie coming over... Remember?" Thomas face palmed. "Why her?" He pouted. "Because she has a massive crush on you and I think if you'd give her a chance you'd like her too. She's a good friend Thomas... You shouldn't be so rude. Besides, you cant honestly tell me you didn't bring Dylan to set us up." Thomas almost choked as the  door opened. "I'm here (Y/N) has Thomas gotten-" she stopped as she saw him. "here. Hi, I'm Sophie, hope you remember me..." She held out her hand and he took it and kissed it. "Yes I remember-" he gave a half hearted smile. Tonight was going to be a looooooooonnnngg night.

//////Time skip cuz I'm lazy/////

(Your P.O.V)

I watched the conversation between Thomas and Sophie. They were now in the living room sitting on the couch, smiling and laughing, sharing stories, and memories. I smiled. I knew they were good for each other, if they'd just give it time.
Dylan and I had been on the quiet side of conversing with each other all throughout dinner, afraid that we might disturb the new budding romance between our two best friends. But now that we stood over the dishes, I decided it was time to talk to him. I did have a major crush on him. He was one of my favorite actors...
"So, what's it like filming with my brother? He's a goofball, I'm sure it's a bit difficult..." I joked. "Actually, usually I'm the one who gets all crazy and ruins the scene." Doubt you could ruin a scene Dylan, even if you're being crazy...  He smiled. "Thomas is great, he's funny, cool, and he's a true friend. I'm lucky to have him on set." I laughed. "Sounds more like you have a crush on him." His face became serious. "You know it's funny, I tell him all the time that if he were a girl I would definitely date him... Last week is when he finally decided to mention that he had a twin." I scrubbed the dishes a bit harder. "But you're not exactly like him. I think that's why I like you so much. You're different but the same." I smiled a little. "Dylan O'brien you have the weirdest way of asking someone out." He laughed. "Heyyyy, but you knew I was gonna ask you out, that's what counts right?"
I rolled my eyes. "Sureee"

Dating my brothers best friend.
Not something I would have ever expected.