Chapter 12: Fake Smile

Suho's POV:

"Seojun!" I called out as I walked towards where Seojun was standing in front of the school. We usually met up here since we had first period together (math class). Seojun looked up at me and waved as I approached him.

"I brought you something!" I said excitedly with a goofy grin plastered onto my face. He raised an eyebrow at me as I began to zip open my backpack, but before I could hand Seojun the strawberry milk that I got for him, Ju-kyung came running up to us.

And of course, in her left hand she was holding a bottle of strawberry milk.

"Just my luck," I thought as I gave the brunette girl an annoyed look. I wanted to be the one to give him strawberry milk, but of course she beat me to it.

"You better thank me! I had to run all the way to the grocery store and then run all the way to school to give you this!" Ju-kyung grumbled as she handed the strawberry milk to Seojun. Then she placed her hands on her knees and panted, completely out of breath from running so much.

"Huh? Did Seojun ask her to buy it? But why?" I wondered.

"Alright, alright, thank you," Seojun finally said as he patted Ju-kyung on the head. Then he turned and faced me.

"So, what did you bring me?" Seojun asked me as he began to open his strawberry milk.

"I guess I would look pathetic now if I gave Seojun the strawberry milk I bought him...," I thought as I hesitantly zipped my backpack shut.

"Nevermind," I said, my voice a bit shaky. I was just disappointed that I wasn't the one who gave Seojun the strawberry milk.

"You okay?" Seojun asked me, clearly concerned.

"Mhm," I hummed as I gave Seojun a reassuring smile. It was a fake smile, but Seojun wouldn't know that.

One day, I want someone to look past my fake smile, pull me close and say "No, you're not okay."But I never get my hopes up because I know that'll probably never happen. Because nobody, not even my best friend Han Seojun, could determine my fake smile from my real smile.

       Behind all my fake smiles is a lonely heart waiting for someone to cheer me up.

I waved goodbye to Seojun and Ju-kyung before walking past them and into the school, not bothering to keep that conversation going.