Chapter 8: Voice of an Angel

Seojun's POV:

      "Last one there's a rotten egg!" I yelled as I dashed to my next class, music.

       "What the heck, you got a head start!" I heard Suho yell from behind me. We both raced down the halls, swerving around students every now and then.

       "I win!" I screamed, before I collapsed on the floor, and Suho collapsed next to me. We were both panting, completely out of breath.

       "Ya! It was a tie idiot!" Suho yelled back before he got up from the ground and dusted himself off.

       "Ouch, did you just call me an idiot?" I pouted. I wasn't being serious, I just wanted to mess with Suho.

       "Mhmm, you heard me," Suho replied smirking at me. He helped me off of the ground and then we both entered the music class. I looked around the room and saw multiple guitars, as well as microphones and a piano. I could tell that this was going to be my favorite class.

       "Welcome everyone! Today we're going to be having a fun karaoke day! Choose a song and get ready to sing it in front of the class!" The music teacher told us. All of the students in the classroom looked excited and some were chatting with friends about which song they should choose.

       "Hmm I think I know what song I want to sing," I whispered to Suho.

       "Same," Suho replied. I was now curious to see what song he would sing.

       "Tae-hoon, will you please go first?" The teacher asked one of the students. Tae-hoon had a huge smile plastered on his face and he nodded before walking to the center of the room. He looked extremely confident.

       "This one's for you Soo-ah," Tae-hoon said as he pointed to a girl in the center of the room. Oh god, I feel second hand embarrassment for both of them.

       "Hana dul set!
       Niga neomu joha
       ottoke ottoke~
       niga neomu yeppeo
       ottoke ottoke~
       narang manna bollae
       eotteohke saenggakhae?
       janmal malgo malhae
       jeohdago jeohdago~"

       Everyone in the room cringed as he sang the song.

       "My poor ears," I grumbled as I covered my ears with my hands. Soo-ah somehow loved the song, she even ran up to Tae-hoon and hugged him in front of the whole class. I rolled my eyes as everyone else in the class teased the couple. They were cute I guess, but I would never sing such a cringy song to my lover. Like never ever.

       "Who should go next? Hmmm how about...Suho!" The teacher called out. Suho nodded and slowly walked to the center of the room and grabbed the microphone.

       "You'll do great," I whispered to Suho, giving him a thumbs up. He gave me a small smile before taking a deep breath. And then he began to sing.

       "neoleul bogo iss-eumyeon waenji
       gwaenhi mam-i deultteo
       haneul-eul naneun gibun-ilalkka
       I'm falling in love
       balam bul-eowa
       neoui hyang-giga dah-eul ttaemyeon
       eun-eunhan jag-eun sumsolikkaji neukkyeojyeo
       Love so fine
       jom deo gakkai dagawaseo
       naui pum an-e gidae
       eonjena nae mam-e
       I think I'm in love with you~"

       Once Suho finished singing only a few people in the class clapped for him which I found strange. Was this what Suho meant when he told me that nobody was nice to him?

       "GOOD JOB SUHO!" I shouted as loud as I could, causing a few students to jump.

       "Shhh you're so loud," Suho laughed as he put his microphone down and came back to his seat by me.

       "You sang beautifully Suho! Seojun, you should go next!" The teacher said as she gestured for me to stand up. I replied with an "okay" and made my way to the center of the room. I could feel everyone staring at me which made me a bit nervous, but I shook that feeling away and began to sing.

       "ttaeron itgo salgido hae meoljjeonghan cheok
        saramdeul mannagido hae
       eonjebuteonga mojin geuriumi seupgwani dwaesseo
       How do you do~
       eotteoke jinae
       nan amuraedo gwaenchanchineun aneunga bwa
       neoneun eopgo honjado anin
       huhoeraneun seom soge gatyeo
       ibyeori ol juldo moreugo
       sarangi mwonjido mollatdeon geoya
       naneun~"

       Once I finished everyone in the class was silent. Then I heard one clap, and then another, and before I knew it everyone in the class was clapping and cheering for me. I bowed and said a quiet "thank you" before heading back to my chair.

       "Oh my god, Seojun! You have the voice of an angel!" Suho praised me.

       "I know," I replied cockily which earned me a smack in the arm from Suho. I laughed and told Suho that he was a great singer too.

       "The two of you should join the fall talent show!" The music teacher told us as she handed us fliers. We both politely thanked her.

       "Are you going to join?" Suho asked me. I wasn't too sure about the idea of singing in front of the entire school, but it could be fun, right?

       "Maybe," I replied as I peered down at the flier in my hands.

       "Here, if you join then I'll join, okay?" Suho tried to persuade me.

       "I'll think about it," I replied before focusing my attention onto a student who was getting ready to sing next.