Chapter 3

Soon, it had begun. The fast paced, heart pounding sensation of a battle. The following event happens to fast for me to describe. All I remember is the jolt of panic shooting down my spine, then screams, and then cannons. At one point, I had finally managed to separate myself from the fight, and collect myself before I continued. Just as I was about to throw myself back into the heat of battle, a career grabs me by the collar of my shirt. I thrashed around, but his grip was strong. At that point my head was spinning and couldn't think clearly. I tried to get a good enough look at where Dale is, to see if he was okay, but I couldn't see anything. The only thing I remember seeing is blood pooling on the ground around me, until it all went black.
>>•<<
I woke up to the sound of a cannon. I looked around to see Dale sitting on a nearby rock. I struggle to sit up, but pain shoots through my head, and my entire body aches. Dale hears my shuffling and rushes over. He helps me sit up, and gives me a bottle of water. "Dale," I start. He shushes me. "Just rest. I'll tell you everything later." I stare into his hard eyes. Big and black. I let out a small smile. "What?" He says. "Nothing." I say, "I'm just thankful your here." Dale laughs, and says, "Well, I'm thankful that your here to. For a while I thought you were dead." "What?!" I ask. Dale smiles "Nothing. Sleep now. Talk later." "Fine." I say as I slid back down to where I was laying before. Dale starts to leave, but I stop him. "Wait!" Dale turns. "Yes?" "Stay with me?" I ask. Dale smiles. "Always."