Four - Birthday

Começar do início

I nod my head sadly. I know she's probably right. Even I can tell that he likes me. I just don't understand why he would end things like this. He said it's because he feels like we're being irresponsible. But somehow I don't feel like that's the whole truth. There's got to be more to it.

"Do you think things will ever go back to normal?" I finally ask.

"I don't even know what normal feels like anymore" she replies softly.

"So let's make a new normal" I tell her. She places her hand on my shoulder and gives it a squeeze.

"You're all done" she tells me. I look into the mirror and smile. For the first time in what feels like ages, I actually feel beautiful.

"Thank you" I tell her.

"You're welcome"

"Not just for the hair. For everything. I don't know what I would do without you" I turn around to face her.

"Ditto" is all she says. I pull myself to my feet and walk back over to the mirror.

"Which heels?" I ask. "Black or do I go with the dress and do white?"

"I'm thinking black. They'll match mine" she says tapping her feet.

"Black it is then" I slide my feet into the heels and turn back around to face her.

"You ready to drink?"

"I'm always ready" she replies with a grin. I hold my hand out to her and she takes it with a laugh.

We walk out of my room and make our way down to the bar. The fact that my bother prioritised the expansion of this bar really says a lot about his personality.

As we make our way through the halls, the sound of music, laughter and chattering comes to my attention.

"How many people did you guys invite?" I ask.

Wanda looks over at me with guilt written all over her face. "Just a few" she lies.

I roll my eyes as we turn the corner and I see for myself how many people they had truly invited. All eyes fall on me and immediately a series of "Happy birthday" can be heard from all over the room. My eyes fall upon so many familiar faces as I smile. Fury walks over to me and pulls me into a hug.

"Happy birthday Andrea" he says softly. I hug him back and smile.

"Thank you. You didn't have to come. I didn't expect them to invite this many people" I laugh. "It was supposed to just be a chill evening"

"Of course I came. Happy birthday" he smiles as we pull apart.

"Thank you"

I watch him walk away and the music picks back up again. I make my way around the room with Wanda by my side. Saying hello and thank you to anyone and everyone.

I spot Clint leaning against the wall with an empty glass in his hand. "Alright, I'm making a new rule. If I see anyone with an empty glass then they are officially labelled as boring. Get a refill Barton" I tell him with a smile.