Chapter 2: Father Daughter Bonding

Mulai dari awal

"Well, I want to become a pediatrician, so I often find myself reading about child development and such during my time off." Elizabeth told him with a soft smile. "And then there's the fact that I practically raised my two younger siblings since they were newborns. I often helped my mother take care of them, absorbing all the new knowledge like a sponge.

While it sounds like she dumped a bit of the responsibility on me, I know my mother meant well. A slice of what it meant to be a mother, to be responsible for another life."

Bruce hummed at her answer, picking up a white pajama on the rack, wondering if Amira would even like it. Does she even know what a bee was? Did she even know what was going on? Did he even know what was going on? What his life was for him now?

"I wonder if I'm up to the task." Bruce muttered to himself, but Elizabeth heard it loud and clear.

"No one is born knowing what they're expected to do and be ready for." Elizabeth said, picking up another outfit. "Sometimes, we just have to go with the flow and see where we land."

Bruce repeated those words mentally, picking up another pajama, a yellow this time, it had a sheep on it.

Go with the flow, huh?

-----

After spending hours in the baby area, Bruce was ready to go home, mentally relaying the notes Elizabeth had given him.

He started laying out the plans he had in mind for Amira's nursery, deciding on using the room next to his. While the only way to enter it was through the main door, he could always make another door that connected the nursery and his room for easier access.

After unloading everything from the car to inside the manor, Bruce decided to bring some fresh clothing to the last place he saw Alfred and Amira, panic setting into him when he heard wailing coming from the room.

Bruce pushed the door open, seeing Alfred with Amira in his arms, the girl reaching for something that wasn't there.

"Welcome back Master Bruce." Alfred wearily said, the two noticing that Amira quickly looked over to Bruce, her small hands no longer searching for him. Her wails became hiccups as she continued to stare at Bruce. "Look, Amira. It's your father. I told you he would be back."

As soon as Alfred said those words, Amira began to cry again, Bruce quickly taking her from Alfred and began to walk her around the room. He then remembered that Elizabeth had told him.

He should talk to her.

"Amira. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." Bruce listened as her wails grew softer. "I went to buy some things, but now I'm back."

Bruce listened as Amira softly stopped crying, now tiny hiccups escaping her. "There, there."

"I've seen you're starting to step up to the task, Master Bruce."

"Someone has to look after her. Who better than us, her family?" Bruce asked, then realizing that Amira had yet to be clothed.

Bruce wandered to the bags, quickly taking out the mountain of clothing.

He quickly sets Amira down on the bed so that he can organize the clothing. In doing so, he missed how Amira sat up. He only noticed it when she had crawled to sit in front of him.

She can sit. And crawl.

"If she can sit by herself and is starting to crawl, she may already be six months old."

Bruce watched as Amira took a liking to the two clothing articles in front of her. Or rather, the two pajamas. More specially the white and yellow pajamas that Bruce had picked out - the sheep and the bee respectfully.