Chapter 11: The "Talk"

The weekend ended up uneventful (in terms of akuma attacks), allowing Amira to catch up with Dick and Wally.

The three went to the arcade the following day, Dick smiling the entire time as he watched Amira enjoy herself.

He watched as she went from arcade machine to arcade machine, pulling Wally along. He watched as she cursed out claw machines but shouted in victory at the pinball machines.

He watched as Wally showed her how the ring toss worked, Amira easily nailing it after watching Wally miss his second and fourth shot.

Dick watched as the two ventured around the arcade, Amira racking up the tickets as time went on. In the end, she was able to get herself the most expensive prize there.

"Did you seriously just spend all day trying to get that?" Wally asked her, earning a huff. "And wait, where's the other one?"

Wally looked as Amira swung around the lit up dagger, watching as she twirled it around with ease. The soft lavender glow came to a halt when Amira placed it on her holster that would usually carry an actual dagger.

"I can protect myself with just one." Amira tried to brush off, only to confess when she saw Dick raise a brow. "I gave my other one to the girl that was beside me at the prize area. Every girl deserves to have a weapon." That caused the two boys to laugh, causing Amira to pout.

"Whatever you say, Mimi."

"Shouldn't we start heading back home? Looks like it's about to rain." Wally pointed out.

Looking at the darkening skies, the trio agreed to call it a day.

-----

Amira had a bounce to her step as she entered the apartment, bouncing onto the sofa and grabbing the remote to see what was on the news.

Much to her disappointment, it was some news coverage about Batgirl's latest appearance.

"-amateur footage of the vigilante taking down-"

Amira quickly flipped to another channel, a frown now on her face.

"If you keep doing that, you're going to end up with scowl lines for life." Dick commented, taking out some ingredients to cook.

"Did you know about Drake replacing Jason?" Amira asked out of the blue, causing Dick to almost drop the cabbage in his hands. "Or what about Barbara being Batgirl?

"I-I didn't know about Tim being the new Robin." Dick stuttered, placing down carrots and potatoes on the table. He didn't want this day to come. But he knew he was going to have to eventually tell Amira the truth. "I recently found out about it when I went to the Cave to retrieve some data. As for Barbara being Batgirl..."

He could feel Amira's eyes on him, analyzing his every move. Taking a deep breath, Dick continued. "I was the one who gave her the mantle."

Amira dropped the remote in her hands, staring at Dick with wide eyes.

"You?" Amira whispered. "You asked her to become Batgirl?" Amira felt her chest begin to twist.

"Amira, Bruce needed-"

"Why did you drag Babs-"

"I didn't- she, ugh." Dick ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't drag her into this. She already knew about us." Dick defended. "I simply-"

"Then why did you let her! Why did you encourage her?" Amira screamed. "She didn't need to be roped into our messed up family-"

"Gotham needed him back." Dick cut off. "Gotham needed Batman back and we both knew that. We understood that. With his head still in the gutter-"