Chapter Two.

Seniors.

"Liam, it's my turn to drive the car!" Louis complained, stomping his tiny feet stubbornly under the breakfast table. It was rare to have both boys up early in the morning just to eat breakfast with their parents before school. It was one of the only times besides dinner and weekends that the little family could spend time together. At the round table sat Louis, Liam and their mother. Their father wouldn't be home until 8am from work that day.

"Please don't argue." Their mother spoke with annoyance before taking a sip of her coffee. Liam glared at his smaller step brother with tired eyes and let out a long groan, scratching lazily at the bundled mess of hair that sat on his head.

"Whatever, Tomlinson. I'll just get Niall to drive me to school. Spoiled little-"

"I dare you." Louis attempted to threaten the buff boy with a wet spoon that he'd been using to eat his Lucky Charms, pointing it in his direction. Liam blushed softly and rolled his eyes.

"You and I both know that spoon thing was a phase. It's 2013 now, you dick."

"Yeah, a phase that you've had ever since you were a little brat up until this very moment, right? 2013 my ass."

"Watch your language!" Their mother complained.

"Sorry." Both boys apologized in unison. Liam quickly finished his bagel, glancing over at the clock. "It's 6:30 Louis, we should probably get ready." He nodded before walking out of the kitchen. It took Liam no time to get ready. He showered at night, so all he had to do was get dressed and brush his hair. By 7:00, both Liam and Louis were rushing out the door.

"You sure you don't need a ride?" Louis asked as he tossed his bag into the backseat of the black Mercedes that both brothers took turns driving.

"No." Liam huffed as he flung his bag over his shoulder and walked to the sidewalk to wait for Niall. He heard Louis let out an exaggerated sigh.

"You're not coming just because I'm giving Zayn a ride, right?"

"Obviously. Bye, Louis." Liam mumbled as he continued to look back and forth at both ends of the street, looking for Niall's truck.

"Wimp." Louis smirked as he hopped into the driver's seat. He began to pull out of the driveway and stopped halfway into the street so he could make eye contact with his bigger, younger step brother. "See you at school then?"

"Probably not."

"You suck a lot. Bye Liam!" Louis smiled, eventually driving off.

Liam let out a quiet growl as he watched the car disappear, folding his arms over his chest. "Where the heck is Niall?" He asked himself. After a few minutes of waiting, Liam impatiently looked down at the time on his phone. 7:20AM. School started in six minutes. As Liam began to type Niall's number into his phone, he noticed a car speeding down the street. It was Niall, of course.

"Get in!" Niall shouted as he made a dramatic stop in front of Liam, nearly hitting his mailbox.

"We're going to be late now, what the hell happened? I could have gotten a ride!" Liam complained as he climbed into the passenger seat. He barely even shut the door before Niall sped off once again. "If you get a ticket, I'm going to punch you. Then I'm going to walk."

"Chill, Liam! We're gonna be fine, lad!" Niall smiled casually as they approached a stop sign. "Sorry about the delay, I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts to get us some breakfast!" Liam watched as Niall pulled a brown paper bag labeled 'Dunkin Donuts' out of nowhere.

Liam glared at the pale Irish boy. "You're making us late for school because you stopped to get some fucking donuts? I ate breakfast at home, Niall!"