Toge Inumaki . 🌸💔 "Something That Happens"

Hey yall!

This is a fluff, and is SFW ❤️
**angst**

I hope you enjoy! I'm not great at writing fluffs but I'm trying to get better.

————————————

If there was one thing that you could say that you absolutely adored about your boyfriend, it was his constant kindness and caring despite living with the cursed speech technique.

Toge would always be by your side, no matter what. And even though the thought of him leaving you pestered your mind at times, infesting itself in your brain, he would reach and arm around you and rub your head, running his fingers through your hair as you calmed down.

You had come home from a mission, also a second year but at Kyoto. Setting your keys on the small wooden counter next to the entrance, kicking off your shoes at the carpet sitting at the entrance to the apartment that you and your boyfriend shared. You had looked across the hall, seeing Inumaki in the small kitchen making some oniguri rice balls for dinner. He looked up as you shut the door, his face instantly dropping as he saw how awful you looked.

You were exhausted, your legs heavy and weak with dirt and blood over your uniform clothes. Tears were hidden back from falling out of their sockets, though the red areas around your eyes were enough to prove that you hd already been crying.

Toge immediately put down the food, rushing over and reaching a hand out to you as he opened his mouth to speak. But you knew Toge enough to know that he was going to ask if you were okay, even though you didn't look okay.

"My partner...remember Hoshimi-san?" You started, tossing your bag down as his concerned stare traced your eyes. He had nodded. You paused, dropping your head down, unable to look at him. "She died. Today."

Toge jaw had opened, surprise overtaking his face as he recalled you telling him about how strong the fellow second-year was. He held out his finger, asking you to wait for a moment as he rushed over to a counter to grab a pen and paper. He wrote, flipping the paper to you.

I'm really sorry. It had said. What would you like me to do to help you?

You waved at him, your exhausting taking the best of you as you chuckled, the tiredness dripping in your sound. "No, baby, it's okay. Partners die sometimes, right? It's just something that happens with what we do. Rice balls for dinner?" You put a hand on his shoulder, trying to reassure him that you would be okay, but his eyebrows dropped as you removed the hand and walked toward the stairs, undoing your ponytail.

Toge glanced down, knowing he couldn't let you stay up in your room all night. He went back to the kitchen, making his rice balls as he heard the shower turn on upstairs.

When he finished setting the table, he headed up the stairs. The shower was off, and the hallway was oddly quiet as he made his way down to your shared bedroom with a closed door. Inumaki knocked quietly a couple times, and opened the door after hearing you respond with a quiet "come in,".

Toge saw you sitting on the middle of the bed, the towel from your shower still tightly wrapped around you and tucked into itself as you curled your megs up into your chest in a ball shape.

He watched you for a moment as you silently looked at the covers of the bed beneath you, a dull look in your eyes reaching his as he made his way to sit down next to you on the bed.

For a minute or so it was quiet, the room content with the sounds of the air conditioner running and the hum of a humidifier next to Toge's side of the bed.

You were caught off guard as Toge grabbed you, pulling you in close as you hesitantly also put your arms around him. Was he okay? It was uncommon to see him like this, but here he sat, not letting go of you with slight jerks coming from his body as tears fell down his cheeks.

Realizing he was actually crying, you tugged at his shirt, urging his to sit back up so that you could look at his eyes. But it only made him hold on tighter to your body.

"That could have been you." He whispered seriously into your shoulder, just loud enough that you could hear his rare words spewing from his mouth.

Realizing he was scared, you wrapped your arm around his head and gently massaged his scalp. You hadn't taken the time to think about what Toge thought; In fact, you had been thinking the exact opposite. You were always worried that one day, Toge wouldn't come back from a mission like he was supposed to.

It wasn't your blood that stained your own uniform, and it wasn't your own life that was stolen that day. But it easily could have been. You leaned into Toge's embrace, moving your free hand to rub his back gently as your eyebrows drooped as you thought about how scared he was right now.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you about me. I get what you mean. I always try to stay safe baby, I know that won't work all the time, but for now I'm sorry I'm making you feel this way." You said quietly to him as he melted in your grasp against your fresh clean body.

Looking down, you say him move his face toward you, not long after you lips connecting softly in a warm kiss as you both retreated your fears of the future. You moved you hands to his shoulders, keeping him balanced as you went into for a second soft kiss before separating.

"Please," He whispered against you, you nodding before he could say anything more.

"I will always try to stay safe, baby. I love you." You responded softly. "But the same goes for you too. You know I'm also worried about you."

He nodded, but didn't say anything more. He reached his hands up in front of himself, creating a heart with his hands as you giggled. "What a geeky way to say it back," you joked.

"Rice balls?" He had asked, slowly getting up from the bed and wiping his face with his forearm before reaching out his hand for you to grab.

"Of course." You smiled, taking his hand and giving him a big hug, before putting some pj's on and following him downstairs for your meal.