Everyone hugs me and wishes me, everyone but my dad. When it is his turn he walks towards me and awkwardly looks around. "Um Happy Birthday." He smiles as he looks at me. His eyes then dart to my neck and they widen. I look down confused only to see that he is looking at my necklace.

The necklace he gave me.

"You... How?" He asks, as he looks at me. "Mom sent it to me... Just a few days ago." I mumble. "Oh... I thought... I thought she threw it away..." He says. "Thank you... For everything you did by the way... I really apprentice it." I say as I look at him. His eyes soften, "You're my daughter Amelia. I may not have been there to hold your hand while you take your first steps but that doesn't mean I don't love you. Even though I haven't been there.... I always felt this weird connection with you in my heart. And I always loved you... as if it was second nature for me." He says as he looks at me, his hand coming up and caressing my cheek.

"You know... When grandpa first told me about you when I was 7... I... I became sad, like very sad. Sad you weren't with us and with someone else. I used to get jealous of kids who had their dads to drop them off. I was jealous of the girls in my class who were 'daddy's princess'. I honestly missed you... Even if I never met you." I chuckled as tears formed in my eyes.

"Me too." He whispers and kisses my forehead. "Happy birthday." He says as he hugs me. I wrap my arms around him too, lying my head on his chest as he puts his chin on my head. "Now I am here. And I am going to stay here." He whispers and kisses my hair before pulling away.

He smiles down at me and I smile back. "Wait... Why didn't you bring Daniel, Josh and Leslie?" I ask when I notice they aren't here. "Um.. I didn't exactly think you would want them here... But Josh did make you a card and Daniel and Leslie got you some gifts." He says. "Why didn't you think I would want them here?" I ask. "Because.... Um... They are your step brothers and step mom... I wasn't sure you felt comfortable around them." He says.

"Exactly they are my step brothers and step mom. My family... I would like to get to know them." I shrug. "Really?" He asks as he looks at me with surprise. I nod. "God, you're an angel Amelia. If you really do we can organize a family dinner... You can bring Ethan if you want to." My dad adds. "Sure why not." I smile. He nods and kisses my forehead once more before pulling away.

I turn back and walk towards Ethan who is standing in the corner looking at me with a smile on his face.

He opens his arms for me and I walk into them wrapping my arms around his torso as he wraps his arms around my waist. "I see you are getting along with your dad." He says and I nod. I look up at him and he smiles down at me before pecking my lips.

I put my head on his shoulder and my hands stay wrapped around his torso as he tightens his arms around me. We start swaying in each other's arms for some reason even if there is no music.

"Okay Bitches-" Andrew starts but is cut off by Jullie. "Language! How many times do I have to tell you?!" She says as she looks at him with a stern look. "Sorry Mama Bear, will be sure to remember next time. As I was saying time to cut the ruined cake!" Andrew says and makes jazz hands before gesturing towards the ruined cake. I laugh and pull away from Ethan who kisses my forehead and leads me towards the table that has the cake on it.

Andrew passes me a plastic knife and everyone gathers around the table. Ethan puts up a few candles on the cake and lights them up. I blow the candles and I try to figure out where to cut the ruined cake from. I finally found a small part and cut it as everyone starts singing happy birthday.

I take the piece in my hand and give Adrian, who was staring at the cake, a small bite of it making him grin widely.

The cake then goes to the kitchen since there isn't really anything of it left to eat."I am so sorry. I swear the cake was great and you would have loved it. God I got it fucking customized for you. But now it just looks like a white and brown blob." Ethan shudders. "It's fine." I chuckle.