Chapter Thirty-One - A Needed Conversation

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

Luna looked at him, "Just think of the way you two act around each other."

Harry tried to recall the times they had talked since they became friends.

"Harry, are you going to Hogsmead this weekend?" Draco asked.

"Why?"

"Because, I know a girl who fancies you," The blonde told him, "She was hoping you two could meet up at the three broomsticks or something."

"Unfortunately, Mr. Potter-Black has a detention that day." A voice from behind them spoke.

Harry and Draco turned around to see Tom, or rather, "Professor Vandistine", standing there.

"I do?" Harry asked.

Tom shot him a look, "Yes."

Draco shrugged, "I guess I can tell her. I have to turn down girls all the time anyway. You'd just be too awkward to do it."

Harry rolled his eyes, "Please, I think I could turn someone down if I wanted to."

Draco raised an eyebrow, "Oh yeah? Then why don't you tell Millicent you can't meet up with her?"

Harry's breath caught in his throat, "Millicent?!" He asked.

Draco nodded.

"Why would she like me?! I don't even talk to her!"

"Perhaps that is exactly the reason." Tom said, "She is yet to know what a pain speaking with you really is."

Harry rolled his eyes, "Shove off."

Tom smirked.

Draco looked between the two of them, "You two have a weird relationship."

"One that Miss Bulstrode should do well to avoid." Tom said before walking off, leaving behind a confused Harry and Draco.

...

"Harry~" Hermione dragged out the name, "Where have you been?"

"Sorry, I was reading with Luna." Harry said, sitting down on the bench with her.

"Seriously Harry, it's as if she's your best friend now." The girl complained.

Harry narrowed his eyes, a slight smirk forming onto his lips, "Are you jealous?"

Hermione crossed her arms, "I have no reason to be jealous of her."

Harry bumped Hermione's shoulder with his own, "C'mon Hermione, you know you'll always be my best friend. Besides, I haven't mentioned anything about your constant hanging out with Anthony."

Hermione's cheeks turned a light pink, "Don't try to change the subject!"

Harry laughed, "It's alright, you can tell me anything 'Mione, besides, It's glaringly obvious that you like him."