*... this is so slow.*

Jisha was not used to waiting for so long for the VR system to boot up, so she naturally became impatient. However, this wait time also brought another wave of nostalgia over her.

Finally, the VR main menu was visible and Jisha immediately selected "Synergy". She was lucky enough to witness the countdown since she had eagerly been waiting for the release of this game.

*>10 seconds before the world of Synergy opens to the public!*

...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

*>Welcome to Synergy!*

As the countdown ended, the world turned white and these words appeared in the space in front of her.

Jisha's heart was racing. She remembered this moment as if it were yesterday, and she was living it again. What came next was...

"Welcome to Synergy!"

A cute feminine voice spoke in front of her. Though she couldn't see anything at first, a small fairy with blue butterfly-like wings popped up out of thin air. She looked like a miniature human with wings and was approximately ten centimetron in height.

"I am Lemieux, and I will guide you as you begin your journey in this world. Think of me as a tutorial bot!"

At this, she proudly stood in the air, hand on her hips. Her dignified tone highly contrasted with her cute voice and contents of the message. Hearing this, Jisha couldn't help but smile.

"Beyonder, what is your name?"

Jisha decided to use the Synergy username she had never changed.

"Fae Sol."

"Okay, Fae Sol! Please choose a class!"

A screen floated before her with two options:

*>Melee*

*>Ranged*

"You may notice something strange. There are only two classes! This is because the world of Synergy is more realistic than any other game so far. You must get used to your body before you can truly explore!"

Of course, Jisha already knew these things. Lemieux was about to continue, but Jisha had no need to hear anything else. She only had one purpose in games, and that was to be a gunner. Nothing would ever change that about her. Without a doubt, she chose...

"Ranged."

Lemieux's face lit up at the answer.

"You're quite decisive. Ranged it is! Now, we must choose your birthplace in this world. Once chosen, your soul will return to this location should your body die. Choose wisely! Select a Hamlet within the Starshine Shogunate."

A map appeared in front of her.

Put simply, Jisha was ordered to select a spawn location. There were many tiers of locations, such as Hamlet, Village, Town, and more. Hamlet was the smallest of these, and they were the most plentiful. Of course, they were also of the poorest quality. Because of this, new players could only spawn here. Shogunate was one of the larger location tiers, and it included a wide range of smaller locations.

Etmos was a somewhat large planet with a circumference of over 80,000 kilometron and a population of over thirty billion, so the concept of these location tiers were created in hopes of getting people from similar locations on the planet to spawn together in the game. This was because the world of Synergy was even bigger than Etmos. In fact, it was infinite. If you took these factors into consideration, it was clear why the developers created such a system. What fun would the game be without players to play with, especially those close to you in real life?