7. Memories of first love

After the meet and greet, Lord Markian, renowned for his love for extravagance arranged a feast at Felix gaze. All the medical exercisers stayed back to experience that luxury for themselves. 

After the dinner, the party still continued but Merxi took a leave as he wanted to go to the faraway estate as soon as possible to check up on his brother.

He wandered around the corridors of Felix gaze only to be lost. Right then he saw a small brown gate which looked like some sort of backwards exit. Just when he was about to go there, a group of guards suddenly jumped in. Merxi was startled.

"Who are you, what are you doing here?" They all had their guards up and looked like very skilled Moxie warriors.

Merxi took a second to compose himself "Apologies, I am an apprentice of congenial springs here for the exercisers meet. I'm not feeling well so wanted to leave early but got lost"

The guard in the front checked his details and ordered the other to take Merxi to the exit. He arrived at the faraway estate at a lightning speed. As he expected his brother is nowhere to find.

"Ore, where is Jinxi?" he asked anxiously.

"He came along with us from outerwater and stayed with us for dinner, so he should be resting in your chambers, isn't he?" Ore replied.

Sikai understood Merxi is not in their chambers observing Merxi's expression. He had been more paranoid regarding Jinxi ever since they left congenial springs.

"Merxi, what are you afraid of? Jinxi might be a little reckless but he is not stupid, it doesn't do any good if you try to control his every moment, the more you try to restrain him the more he will become distant" Sikai confronted Merxi.

"It is fine if you feel I am being paranoid, I will go and find Jinxi" Merxi walked out rashly. 

***

Navah moved restlessly on the bed. How much he tried he just couldn't sleep at all. He grabbed the bluish tinted sword by his bed and stroked it aimlessly. After a while, he opened the doors of his cabin and started to wander around the familiar hallways.

In these very halls, he ran around with Lian countless times in the past. In these very halls, he ran into Sene that night. But all he could see now is the endless darkness at the end of the hallway. 

Navah noticed the tight security arranged by Erci all around the faraway estate. After all, important people from the four kingdoms are resting here today. Without drawing their attention Navah managed to sneakily get to the back forest.

It is the same lake where Navah and Lian usually went fishing always. It is also here one night in the hottest summer in five decades, Lian expressed his feelings for Navah.

It was also a day like this they saw each other last time. At the rebel camp just before the massacre, Navah and Lian did lay side by side under the moonlight. He whispered sweet nothings into Lian's ears. They were happy.

Navah noticed the reflection of the moon on the still lake, it reminded him of those moments. It reminded him of his silver-haired soulmate. A small smile appeared on Navah's face as his hand involuntarily reached the reflection in the water.

But before he could reach it, the water became turbulent and the reflection has scattered. Suddenly a bloodied back of a tall man appeared in front of him.

"Maybe fate allows me to follow you only till here. Don't you ever blame yourself for anything, whatever I did and will do it's out of my own will. Navah, just remember this, it has been the greatest fortune to be able to meet you in this lifetime, I wish that the heavens could bestow upon me such fortune in my next life as well. Till we are reunited, take care." those last words rang in his ears. Horror and despair settled on Navah's slender face.