"Why?" Aiden asked instead. He opened his eyes to meet the hooded brown ones staring back at him. Tai rolled his eyes and grabbed a hair tie off of his wrist so that he could pull his hair out of his face.

"Because I like you and people need to talk about their feelings? I don't know. I'm not a therapist" Tai scoffed making a small smile reach Aiden's lips.

"I'm just tired... Beau's been going through a hard time and I've just been trying to help" Aiden sighed. Tai let out a long sigh before he lightly squeezed Aiden's knotted shoulder in hopes of relaxing him.

"You're probably going to hate me for saying this... But I seriously think you need to take a break from Beau" Aiden went to interrupt but a sharp glare from Tai told him to let him finish. "He's a good kid, don't get me wrong. And I know he's going through a hard time and you want to be there for him... But it isn't a good idea to give so much of yourself to do so"

"I'm alright... He just needs me at the moment" Aiden sounded as if he was talking more to himself than to Tai at this point.

"Bullshit" Tai scoffed. "Look at yourself... You're exhausted, Aiden. You need to take a break... Maybe give Beau space for a few days. Let yourself relax and focus on yourself for once"

"I'll relax if it will make you happy, but Beau needs me... Why would you even suggest me just walking out on him?" Aiden's words came out a little harsher than he would have wanted and he instantly went to apologize. The annoyance and hurt in Tai's gaze were obviously there and Aiden felt guilty for creating it.

"Look" Tai paused and pulled his hands away completely from massaging Aiden's shoulder to send the boy a stern look. "I know you probably think this is all coming from a place of jealousy because lets be honest... It's pretty fucking clear you have at least some feelings for Beau, but it isn't. I genuinely care about you and your well-being. Some people deal with their shit at a different pace or differently from others and Beau is just one of those people. Take a break, don't take a break, I don't care if you take my advice. Just think about yourself for a change"

Aiden stared up at Tai in pure disbelief. He knew Tai was upfront... That much had been clear the moment they met in the showers. But Aiden hadn't expected so much to suddenly burst from the overall relaxed and laid-back boy.

"I'm sorry" Aiden sighed. He reached for the boy's hand, forcing himself to relax. He needed to relax. Tai was right.

"Will you stop apologizing for everything?" Tai groaned.

"Right... You know, you're a lot smarter than I give you credit for" Aiden mumbled. He could already feel himself growing exhausted as Tai resumed massaging his shoulder. His eyes fell shut as he listened to Tai's sweet voice for a few moments longer.

"My grades say otherwise" Tai lightly joked. Tai was really good at history and English. He got above-average marks and even helped some of the people who struggled in that class. But he couldn't solve a math equation or name an element on the periodic table to save his life.

"I never asked... And you don't have to answer if you don't want to... But why are you here?" Aiden blindly asked. "You seem..."

"Stable?" Tai guessed and Aiden nodded. "It's... A long story" Tai finally admitted. "But in shorts, they recruited me from a mental hospital in Chicago... I have issues"

"They recruited me from one in Ohio... I had been to that one twice before" Aiden admitted. "Mostly for drug abuse... Which is ironic because I've been prescribed about every medication in the books since arriving" Aiden added with a small scowl making Tai laugh.

"Yeah... They switch up mine a lot too" Tai chuckled. "I have a few mental health issues my parents refused to get treated... I kinds just snapped one day, ended up in the hospital, moved to Westwood, and finally got some help" Tai briefly explained. "I'm happy here"