Mistakes

IRIS

She had never, never, been kissed like this before.

All she could think was that he was kissing her like he hated her. They were fighting, always fighting, but this time without words.

His hand was wrapped around the side of her neck, his thumb angling her jaw towards him, his palm pressing into her skin, restricting her airflow slightly. The tips of his finger reached the hairs at the nape of her neck. Threatening to pull, to hurt her.

He might do it, too.

Draco's lips trapped hers. He was unmerciful - his kisses were proof enough of that. He was biting at her, trapping her upper lip between his teeth and sucking it in rough movements.

She couldn't move if she wanted to - his hand was making sure of that. The other hand, the one on her waist, was pressing into her bare skin. He had moved it under her sweater. Her robes had already hit the floor and she didn't want to spend any time thinking about when that had happened.

No. if she thought about anything other than what was happening right now, her logical thought might return to her, and she might stop. She might pull away from Draco.

And even if her brain was slow to action, her body knew that that could not happen.

He broke the kiss for a second, and she gasped slightly, panting. He was barely letting her breathe. She caught his gaze - his eyes were darker than usual, flashing with anger and something else that she hadn't seen before.

His lips returned to hers, ruthless and rough, and she let out a sound somewhere in between a gasp and a whine. Fuck. She couldn't go advertising the way this was making her feel, not to Draco. He already had a big enough ego.

So she fought back instead. She moved her lips with equal fervor, trying to move her jaw out of his grip. He growled in return, the hand on her waist tightening.

She unlinked her hands from around his neck, bringing them to his shoulders and digging her nails in as he deepened his kiss.

Draco broke the kiss again. They stared at each other for a second. Iris meant to challenge him, to show him that she could hate him just as much, that she was just as angry, but his face caught her off guard.

She felt a pang shoot through her body, nestling in her lower stomach. Fuck. He really had no business being this attractive. His head was tilted slightly, angled down, so that his sharp jawline and high cheekbones were on full display.

He was in rare form today. So attractive she could cry. He could have been a statue, could have been a painting. Light hair, light eyes, light skin, but there was an unmistakable darkness in him. It was hidden in the curve of his lips, in the way his eyelashes hung over his eyes.

There was something in the air. Her nose was blocked, but she might as well have had a mouthful of Amortentia.

She could hear herself breathing, almost panting, trying to get as much air as she could between kisses despite his hand around her neck. She was sure she couldn't disguise the hunger in her gaze.

She must have been shivering, or maybe it was just the air around her. Seconds dragged on and felt like years, but no time had passed at all.

And Draco was staring at her too. Just looking at her, his eyes roving up and down her body, which was still clothed. For a second, she wished he wouldn't. If he looked at her too hard he would see that she wasn't the girl he wanted, not really. She didn't want to be. She didn't want - well, she wanted a lot from him right now. But not that.