14. New Year, New Home

Start from the beginning

The loud yawning of the brunette beside him grabbed Hayden's attention. He turned to his wife and asked, "would you like to go to bed?"

"You have a bed on this plane?" Flora gasped and Hayden grinned at her astonishment as he nodded. He stood up and offered his hand for Flora to take, the two walked in hand toward the back of the plane. Indiana who sat next to Benjamin raised and eyebrow and smirked knowingly.

Hayden slid the white marble door open and motioned Flora to walk in. Flora looked around in awe at the small space and plopped onto the bed.

"It's not much —" Hayden was interrupted by the light snores coming from the brunette. "Good night, princess."

Hayden placed the beige quilt blanket over Flora, making sure she was well-tucked. He moved a few strands of her dark hair out of her face and smiled. Without being able to hold the urge, Hayden leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead, being careful not to wake the brunette up.

       "Whatever are you doing, your highness?" Indiana stood by the door, with arms crossed and a mischievous smirk upon her scarlet lips. Hayden immediately straightened himself and turned to face Indiana.

       "Making sure my wife is breathing properly." Hayden shrugged as he tried to walk out of the room, but Indiana blocked the entrance.

       "You like her, don't you?" Indiana mused in a whisper.

       Hayden avoided Indiana's piercing gaze and shook his head as he said, "of course, not."

        "Well, even though she won't admit..." Indiana turned to look at her sleeping friend. "She likes You as well."

        "Really?" Hayden's eyes lit up with hope causing Indiana to lightly chuckle.

"Flora...let's just say she's been through stuff and for that reason she finds it hard to open up. She hasn't had a boyfriend since Zander and that was nearly eleven years ago." Indiana explained. "All I am saying is to give her time, don't give up on her, I know she'll come around. I can see that you already mean a lot to her, so just be patient and give her time to open up to you."

       "I will," Hayden said with a smile.

       Indiana's gaze turned to Hayden as her friendly smile turned to a deadly one. "But you break her heart and I will kill you," Indiana warned.

       "Understood," Hayden swallowed down his fear as he walked past Indiana, who only smirked triumphantly.

*        *        *

Flora let out a heavy sigh as she stared at her reflection. Her brown locks were tied into a low bun, a white ribbon tied around it. Indiana held out the matching light blue blazer and Flora slid her arms into it, allowing for Indiana to adjust it afterwards.

"You don't think this a little too much?" Flora asked, a nervous pout on her pink lips.

       Indiana looked up at her friend with a frown. "You are a princess Flora, a beautiful princess — so flaunt your damn beauty, okay?" Indiana raised an eyebrow at her friend who nodded. "And do it with confidence."