Chapter 7- Flying Solo Part 2

I was lying on bed, working on some new songs. Now that the boys had come into my life, I wanted nothing more then to just play. But unfortunately, I had to write songs so that I could play. I smiled at the words scribbled down on the page. I titled it Ronan. I staggered my way over to my microphone and grabbed my guitar.

(above is what you sounded like.)

I remember your bare feet down the hallway
I remember your little laugh
Race cars on the kitchen floor, plastic dinosaurs
I love you to the moon and back

I remember your blue eyes looking into mine
Like we had our own secret club
I remember you dancing before bed time
Then jumping on me, waking me up

I can still feel you hold my hand, little man
And even the moment I knew
You fought it hard like an army guy
Remember I leaned in and whispered to you

Come on baby with me, we're gonna fly away from here
You were my best four years

I remember the drive home
When the blind hope turned to crying and screaming "Why?"
Flowers pile up in the worst way, no one knows what to say
About a beautiful boy who died

And it's about to be Halloween
You could be anything you wanted if you were still here
I remember the last day when I kissed your face
And whispered in your ear

Come on baby with me, we're gonna fly away from here
Out of this curtained room in this hospital grey, we'll just disappear
Come on baby with me, we're gonna fly away from here
You were my best four years

What if I'm standing in your closet trying to talk to you?
What if I kept the hand-me-downs you won't grow into?
And what if I really thought some miracle would see us through?
What if the miracle was even getting one moment with you?

Come on baby with me, we're gonna fly away from here
You were my best four years

I remember your bare feet down the hallway
I love you to the moon and back

On the last note I felt a tear trickle down my cheek and wiped it away. How was I going to tell her? I remember her face last time. It was like all of the happiness that Julie once held was drained from her. She was left there looking lifeless. She wouldn't talk to me for months, just a few words that were necessary and when she finally  started to accept it, Mom died and it happened all over again. She is finally herself again and it's all gonna get taken away from her. Why? It was all of my fault.

"That was beautiful." Reggie's voice startled me.

"Reggie? How much did you hear?" I asked and prayed that he didn't notice my red and puffy eyes.

"A-All of it, I'm so sorry. I just came up here to tell you something and I heard your voice and it was really good and I just couldn't sto-"

"REG! Breathe Hun. It's okay, I'm not mad." I smiled warmly at him and his cheeks turned bright red, which made me chuckle, "Anyways, what did you want to tell me?" I changed the subject.

"O-Oh yeah, um, Luke wants to see you and Julie in the music room." I nod and take his hand that he held out for me, and before I knew it I was in the music room.

"DID YOU JUST POOF ME!" I yelled in excitement.

"Yeah! I figured that I might as well give it a go. Wait, you're not mad are you?" Reggie's smile was quickly replaced with one of worry.

"Reginald, stop worrying. I could never be mad at that face." I slapped his cheek lightly and in a jokey manner, whilst giving him a wink. His smile was then quickly replaced and that's when I heard someone clear their throat and I was brought back to reality.