Chapter 6- Flying Solo

We all bowed and soaked in the applause, but we were all looked up when we heard the crown let out a massive glance, I went to look to Reggie , but I realised that they had poofed from the stage. Great. They left us here without an explanation. Just as well that I was great at lying.

"Hey where'd the rest of the band go?" A man working on the stage asked us. Julie just stumbled not knowing what to say.

"HOLOGRAMS!" I blurted out, excited that I could get us out of them, "they are  holograms. I'd explain it to you but it involves algorithms and science and stuff, and some people would probably prefer their lipstick over my brains so..." I said shooting a glare and a smirk at Carrie. She just scoffed in return, out of the corner of my eye I saw Reggie making his way over to the stage, but he stopped and waved his bum around in the air. I couldn't contain my laughter, I burst out laughing and then realised the whole school was staring at me and Reggie just looked up at me embarrassed but then went back to his conversation, "uhm, sorry I just thought of a really funny meme you know.. the one with the monkey and the.... you know." I chuckled nervously and smiled.

Soon the school filtered out of the gym and I left Julie to speak with our music teacher while I made my way over to the boys.

"Hey S." Alex greeted as he saw me making my way over.

"Hey guys. That was awesome, but like super freaky." I smiled at Reggie when I noticed that he was staring at me.

"Oooo, I wonder what they're talking about." Alex said as he pointed to over where Julie and Flynn were. Well that can't be good. I turned around but ,my foot got caught on my other foot and I nearly faceplanted, If it wasn't for a pair of hands catching me. I looked up to say thank you when I realised it was Reggie.

"HOW ARE YOU TOUCHING ME RIGHT NOW?" I whisper-shouted at him.

"I have no idea." Reggie stared at me blankly.

" Wait can you touch all of us?" Luke asked and I went around the group just poking them. I could touch ghosts.

"We need to tell Julie about this." I said and rushed out into the hall, the boys following after me.

"Let's surprise Julie." Luke said as he knelt down into the hall, the boys getting in positions, me on Luke's shoulders. When we saw Julie come around the corner, we got into positions me on Luke's back. I giggled at something Luke said and I could've sworn that out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Reggie looking at me with an expression that I have never seen on him before. I couldn't decipher it. 

"JULIE!" We said in unison.

"GAHHHH!" She let out a sharp scream and jumped back. We all took a second to re-position ourselves before Jules said, "You! Stop doing that, I'm serious. And Sky. Really?" I just let out a grin and she responded with a playful glare.

"Hey this ones on you. We were already here. Well, actually we were over there, then came over here." Me, Alex and Luke just nodded in agreement at Reggie's statement.

"Are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" Luke said, dismissing Reggie's comment.

"Yeah I know, the whole school saw you and It's kinda freaking me out." Julie said.

"Ok good, because It's kinda freaking me out too. You know you can see us, S can touch us, people can see us whenever we play music, and my clothes are made out of air, but for some reason I'm still getting a wedgie. So many questions."  Alex ranted. Wow he was wound up tight.

"Wait, S you can touch them?" Julie said, I couldn't help but notice a small hint of jealousy in her face, but she seemed to just brush it off.

"Yeah, It's crazy." I responded.