𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚗 - 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

Start from the beginning

"I said it. Didn't I say it?" Dale asked as he walked to the front of the RV. "A thousand times. Dead in the water."

"Problem, Dale?" Rick asked.

"Oh, just the small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of-" Dale said before seeing Daryl looking through the cars. "Okay, that was dumb."

"Can't find a radiator hose here." Shane said.

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we could find." Daryl said, looking through a car.

"Syphon more fuel from these cars, for a start." T-Dog said.

"Maybe some water?" Carol asked. "Food?"

"This is a graveyard." Lori said, making everyone look at her. "I don't know how I feel about this."

"There are a ton of supplies here that could help us. We could find everything we've been running low on." Madelyn said. "If we don't take this stuff, it'll only be a matter of time before someone else does."

"All right, just look around. Gather what you can." Shane said. Everyone went their separate ways, scavenging the cars to see what they could find. Madelyn went to a truck and looked in the trunk before smiling.

"No way." Madelyn said.

"What is it?" Daryl asked. Madelyn smiled and pulled out a crossbow with a bunch of arrows.

"I bet you're happy with this." Madelyn said.

"You keep it." Daryl said.

"What? Are you sure?" Madelyn asked.

"Yeah, mine is working just fine for now and I see you eyeing mine like you wanna sleep with it." Daryl said, making Madelyn chuckle.

"It is pretty cool." Madelyn said.

"I'll teach you some time. If you want." Daryl said.

"Yeah, I'd like that. Thanks, D." Madelyn said, making Daryl smile slightly before leaving to look in other cars. Madelyn strapped the crossbow to her back and began looking in other cars, finding food, water, medicine, tampons which she desperately needed and some fresh clothes to wear. Everything was going well. Shane had even found a truck full of fresh water. Then things started going bad.

Walkers were starting to show up.

"Everyone get under the cars." Rick said to everyone. Madelyn felt a hand grab her arm and she almost screamed but another hand covered her mouth before she was pulled under a car. Madelyn was about to bite the hand before she realised it was Daryl.

"What the hell is going on?" Madelyn whispered.

"Walkers." Daryl whispered. Madelyn looked out and saw a ton of walkers approaching the vehicles in the distance.

"You just saved my life twice now. Stop putting me in your debt." Madelyn joked, making Daryl smile at her. It was as if he couldn't do anything but smile whenever he was around Madelyn. He liked being around her. He liked being close to her. Madelyn stopped smiling when she realised Daryl was staring at her.

Madelyn liked talking to Daryl. She knew he was a good guy, even with his tough guy front. He was definitely a real softie inside. Madelyn felt little butterflies in her stomach and to be honest, she kinda liked it. The pair were broken out of their trance when they heard walkers groaning. They were now walking past the vehicles they were hiding under.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

After around twenty minutes, the herd had passed but Sophia was chased into the woods by a walker so Daryl, Shane, Rick and Glenn went to go and find her. Carol was waiting for the guys to get back, Dale was fixing the RV and everyone else was helping to move the cars out of the way.

"Why aren't we out there looking? Why are we moving cars?" Carol asked.

"Well, we have to clear enough room so I can get the RV turned around as soon as it's running." Dale said. "Now that we have fuel, we can double back to a bypass that Glenn flagged up on the map."

"Going back's going to be easier than trying to get through this mess." Shane said.

"But we're not going anywhere until my daughter gets back." Carol said.

"Carol, we won't leave without her." Madelyn said, rubbing Carol's shoulder.

"Rick and Daryl are on it. It's just a matter of time." Shane said.

" Shane said