Chapter 4

'Anyone wanna come for a run with me?' I asked everyone whilst walking into the woods at the front of the pack house.

'Yeah we'll all join you in a sec, just need to talk to the Eclipse Pack.' Alpha replied.

'Alright, let me know when you're done and I'll tell you where I am.'  I carried on walking into the trees for about ten minutes when I came across a stream. It was the same stream I met the two deer at the night I shifted. I wondered what's happened to my first ever wildlife friends.

'Hey Moo!' I heard Brad in my head.

'Bradley Bear!' I replied, rather excitedly.

'How's it's going?'

'I beat up one guy and knocked out Elizabeth.' I said with pride.

'Elizabeth as in the one that...'

'The one and only.' I said with a chuckle. Brad chuckled back.

'What are you up to now?'

'Nothing really, gonna go for a run with everyone, you?'

'Checking the perimeter, that's why I'm in wolf. Thought I'd check in with you too.'

'I miss you BeeBee.'

'I miss you too Moo, the quicker you train the pups, the quicker you can come home okay? I have to go now, my Dad's calling me. I love you Lissy.'

'I know, love you too.' I sighed. I wanted to talk to him longer, I missed him even though it's only been a few hours.

'Come back to the pack house, you have to put your things in your room, then we can all go for a run.' Alpha said. I sighed again. Think I might be doing that a lot for the next few weeks.

When I got to the pack house Mitch was the only one out by the cars, grabbing his bags.

"Mitch, can you do me a favour?" I asked

"Sure, thing Lissy, what is it?"

"I was just wondering if you could sleep in my bed because Brad's not here and I don't think I can get to sleep by myself, is that okay?"

"Course it is, I'm gonna go put my things in my room, talk to you later." He lent over and kissed me on the forehead and went back into the pack house with his bags. I walked over to the boot and picked up my massive suitcase. Before I even turned around, I could smell a certain someone standing a few yards behind me.

"Yes Alpha?" I asked Alcide without turning around to look at him.

"Are you my mate?" He asked kind of breathless. I just laughed turning around to look at him. The five years away has done him justice. If he was good looking at fourteen then he was god-like at nineteen. His hair was floppy and came down to his eyebrows in a lovely dark caramel brown and his eyes were still just as black as I remembered. He was now about 6'5" same height as Gray and was just as, if not more muscular.

"No, I don't have a mate he died about five years ago." I said stepping around him. He reached out and grabbed my arm sending tingles up and down it. He lent over and whispered in my ear, "Then explain this."

"There's nothing to explain, static electricity. Now let go before I break your wrist." My wolf was going crazy. She was yipping and dancing with happiness that we were near our mate after so long. I had to remind her that he rejected us and he doesn't know who we are and when he finds out he'll reject us all over again.

"Try it, mate." I shrugged my shoulders. He asked for it. I dropped my suitcase and grabbed his wrist on the hand that was holding mine with a tight force. After a few seconds he released my arm but I didn't let go, I squeezed tighter until I heard a very satisfying crack and he screamed out in pain trying to get me off of him. I let go and he cradled his arm to his chest, glaring at me.