Chapter 44: Darren

Começar do início

"Wait wait wait!-" Darren sets up more in his seat as his brow furrows for a moment before looking back to him. "THE Sophia Andrews, the photographer?"

Luca's own brow arches as he nods unsure. This makes Darren throw his head laughing for a moment before looking back at him with wide eyes. "Wow."

"Wow what?"

"Never thought you would end up with an artist!" He says with clear amusement.

"She isn't just an artist. She is brilliant, caring, and stunning."

Darren nods his head with the amusement still clear on his face. "Then how did you get her?"

"Remind me again why we are friends?"

Darren stands up laughing loudly before turning back to the painting. "Is this her?"

"Yeah..." Luca says as his eyes look to the painting as well. His voice much softer making Darren turn back with a grin on his face. 

"I have to agree, she is beautiful." His eyes drifting back to the painting. "I've never seen her before, just her work."

"You mean in the TIMES?" Luca says leaning back in his chair. 

"No man-" Darren says shaking his head negatively. "She has photos in museums around the world."

Luca's eyes widen making Darren nod his head understanding she hadn't told him that. "You didn't know."

"No." He answers still lost in thought that his girl was such a big photographer that she had pieces showcased in big museums. 

"Well... She is a great photographer man. I love her work." 

"Taylor's too?"

He nods his head looking at the painting walking over to it. Luca stands up walking around as the door to his office opens. A pair of emerald eyes find his making his heart race yet again. She smiles at him before realizing there is other movement in the room and her eyes drift to the other person. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize.." Luca shakes his head at her as Darren steps forward to her with a beaming smile. 

"You must be Sophia Andrews."

Sophia glances at Luca who is now coming to her as she turns back to the man with an outstretched hand, "yes that's me."

"My name is Darren Voltez."

Sophia's jaw drops slightly before she snaps it shut. Luca has by this time come to her side wrapping his arm around her. She smiles wide at the man. "I'm a huge fan of your artwork."

Darren can't help but chuckle as he shakes her hand. "Trust me, the feeling is mutual."

Sophia's eyes sparkle and Luca is unsure if he likes it. He tugs her more to him making her turn to him with a questionable look. He doesn't say anything but pecks her cheek. Darren stands there grinning at the exchange finding the infamous Luca Sanford jealous quite hilarious. He steps back trying to ease the tension. Sophia turns back to Darren while her arm wraps around Luca's back making him relax slightly. 

"I actually came here to look at the artwork of Ms. Wood." He gestures to the painting making Sophia look at Luca's wall. 

"Oh my TAYLOR!" Sophia says loudly making Luca jump slightly. He hadn't had a chance to tell her yet. 

The door swings open with a frantic Taylor looking around until Sophia points to the wall. Taylor looks to it before giggle uncomfortably and making a dash out the door. Sophia quickly following leaving the two men behind. After a moment, both men bust out laughing. Darren sobers up first looking to Luca who he had never heard laugh before. After Luca calms down, they step out of the office to find Sophia with crossed arms standing over Taylor who looks like she is pleading for her life. 

"Mr. Sanford, tell her you love it please!"

Luca walks over to Sophia taking her hand pulling her away from the small brunette. Sophia follows him silently going to one of the meeting rooms. He shuts the door behind them before putting his hands on her hips and leaning down to kiss her. Sophia's body relaxes into his and allows him to lead. After a few minutes and a dangerously low amount of air, he pulls back to look down at her flushed face and red stained lips. He pecks them once more for good measure. 

"Tesoro, I loved that painting."

She pouts slouching slightly, "you could have told me."

He chuckles at her adorable face pecking her swollen lips once again. "She just brought it in yesterday and it slipped my mind."

"That 4 ft picture slipped your mind?" She ask incredulously. 

"You have to admit... she did an incredible job."

Sophia drops her head to his chest. He touches her red wig patting the back of her head as he attempts to not laugh again. She finally lifts her head huffing before nodding reluctantly. Luca couldn't help but chuckle earning a punch to his chest from Sophia. 

"Come on love.."

He took her hand taking her out of the room. They both stopped finding Darren leaning over Sophia/Taylor's desk clearly flirting with Taylor. Sophia leans into his side as they watch from a distant. 

"Do you think she got the job?"

"Absolutely."

They side stepped the couple and went back into his office. Luca pulled her over to his desk and sat down tugging her to sit on his lap. He loved the pink blush that formed on her cheeks but she didn't resist. He opened up the file and watched as her eyes looked over it. He sat back in the chair as she began typing away going into her own element. After only ten minutes she sat up straighter on his knee and stopped. 

"Is everything okay?"

"Yea, so the program caught someone who had tried to hack it but my back log program stopped them in their tracks. I think I should wire this to my laptop to keep an eye on this but they didn't get anything."

He cupped the back of her neck bringing her lips back down to his as he leaned back in his chair. After a few minutes they pulled apart and Sophia turned on his lap facing where the painting hanged. After a moment she groaned hiding her face in his chest. 

"I'm not going to get used to that."