Chapter 8: The last piece

Mary got upstairs and went to Lukas's room. "Are you crying, mom? Lukas asked her mother and looked worried. 

"No dear, of course not." Mary lied.

"Are you sure?" Lukas asked again.

The moment Lukas asked that question to her, she cried. Lukas hugged her mother and comfort her.

"What is it, mother? You can tell me everything." Lukas offered. 

"I have to ask you something dear." her mother replied. 

"Did you lie to me?" Mary asked Lukas waiting for the answer. Waiting for an honest answer. 

"Yes, mother. Someone called me when we arrived here after we went to the park. The same person who yelled at me when I was about to enter the car." Lukas stated and he's looking scared.

Her mother breath deeply and looking horrified at the story she just heard. 

"Lukas I have to tell you something important." her mother sobbed harder, "The person who called you on the phone and in the park, is the person who raided your grandma's house." Mary informed her son. 

"W-what? H-h-how?" Lukas asked and he is looking shocked at the news her mother told to him. he can't absorb all the details her mother said.

"That's the question I don't know dear." his mother answered. "I can't figure it out. Something's missing, and if we can't find that one piece, we can't complete the puzzle. By means, we can't understand what's happening around us." her mother continued. 

"But how did you know all these things mother?" Lukas asked looking bemused. 

"Your grandma told me, and the thing that worries me the most is when your grandma said the war had started." And you can see on the face of Mary that she really is worried about it. 

"But, but we didn't even know that there will be a war. That the war had started already." Lukas replied.

"I know Luk. And that makes our enemy dangerous. He won't let us know that he already declared the war." Said Mary. "But let's not talk about that Luk, let's focus on our vacation this coming March 18." Mary continued and her face is mixed with emotions.

March 18

"Hi guys!" Shouted a familiar voice. It's Ria Glades with her son Henry. "Are Amelie's family ready?" asked Ria and three people answer her question "We were born ready!" 

Ria looked shocked because she saw someone beside Kizzia and asked "Hi Cedric! So your back?" 

'Oh yes I'm back!" Cedric replied and the whole living room in Lukas' house was full of giggles.

"Yes Auntie! My father is home." Kizzia stated and looked grateful 

"How about the Alco's family? are you all ready?" Ria asked again.

"We are always ready!" and again three people replied. 

And before Ria could ask the person beside Kaiser, he immediately said "Yes Ria. I'm back as well." 

"Very well then!" Ria said enthusiastically.

"How about you Mrs. Mary Charles and Lukas Charles? Are you all set?" Ria asked the same question.

"Yes we were Ria." Mary replied lazily.

"Henry and I were ready..."

then a man came running and interrupted Ria "Henry, Ria, and I were now ready!" The man corrected.

"Abraham, you came!" Ria told the man smiling. 

"Yes dear. I came!" Replied Abraham, the father of Henry. 

The four families were all set and they went to the airport to ride the plane going to Palawan Philippines.