Chapter 1

"Serkan Bey"- Leyla said as she entered his office- "Semiha hanim has requested a meeting in 15 minutes, says she has something important to discuss".

"Tamam, Leyla. You can go"- Serkan said without raising his head from his pc.

Serkan's whole world revolved around work, so much that there was no place left for actually living his life or having fun with his friends, but most importantly, nor was there any place for love. He was a strict man, he had such high standards and expectations that often seemed like he was drowning in them.

Everybody was curious as to why Semiha hanim had requested a meeting.

"Now that everybody is here, I want to announce something. Working with you for the past few months has been a pleasure as I got to meet these amazing and hard-working people. I'm sad to say this time for me has come to an end because I have decided to retire and lend my shares to my grabddaughter. She's a landscape architect who never fails to amaze me with her talent. I'm sure you will love her"- Semiha hanim said as everybody's jaw dropped open.

"Semiha hanim, are you sure about this? We had just gotten used to having you here"- Piril said. Everybody actually had a good relationship with Semiha, even Serkan was getting there(given his trust issues). She might've been a pain in the ass sometimes (always) but still, they both had a big amount of respect for each other.

"Yes Piril, I will miss you all, but at least find comfort knowing that the company will be in good hands"- Semiha said as she got up to greet everyone before going.

"You will be missed Semiha hanim"- Serkan said as a smile appeared on his face while shaking her hand.

"Oh trust me Serkan Bey, I won't"- she said returning a smile thinking to herself that he didn't know what was coming yet. "By the way, my granddaughter is flying from Italy here today, so tomorrow you will all get to meet her. She wanted to be the one to introduce herself, so I'm not giving you a name or more information. You'll see for yourself"- Semiha said as she packed her things, greeted everyone for the last time and left.

Eda was finally returning to Istanbul, to her old life, to the place she was born in. Only this time not as a child, but a grown, beautiful, strong and independent woman. Her grandma had gifted her the shares she had at Art Life Holding, because she was retiring and her sickness had got the best of her. So she wanted to fulfill her last wish, and that was for her to be a successful, strong and talented woman in the industry, and she intended on making good on that promise. She wondered if her childhood friend/love would recognize her.

Eda and Serkan grew up together but at 15 when Eda's parents died, she, her aunt and her grandma moved to Italy and they broke up. Eda started and finished her studies there, leaving Serkan behind. 10 years had passed since they had last seen each other. She wondered how things would be between them now.

"This is it"- Eda thought to herself before entering Art Life. She was wearing a baby blue costume and heels. She'd let her loose curls fall down her shoulders and had done a nude makeup that suited her a lot.

As soon as she entered she was greeted by Leyla.

"Hello, you must be Semiha hanim's niece. Nice to meet you, I'm Leyla, Serkan's Bey's assistant. This is Erdem, he is... well just Erdem."- Leyla said as she started to panic a little which Eda noticed.

"Hello, I am Eda. So nice to meet you too Leyla"- Eda said as Leyla took her to meet the rest of the staff.

"Guys, this is the new partner of Art Life"- Leyla said as everyone gathered around, but Serkan was nowhere to be seen.

"Hello everyone. I'm Eda. It is so nice to meet you and I hope we will have a great time together. "- Eda said as everyone welcomed her with warm smiles which she gladly returned.

She was introduced to Piril, Engin and Ferit who all thought that she was so sweet.

"You gotta be shitting me Eda Yildiz"- Selin said as she suddenly gasped when she saw her childhood best friend.

Eda laughed and hugged her so tight tears started roaming down her eyes. Everybody was confused and then Selin broke the silence.

"Eda is my childhood best friend, we used to do everything together, but then this bitch moved to Italy, she forgot all about us. Ah, Eda, you sure have a thing for surprises"- Selin said as she was interrupted by Serkan's voice.

"Yes she sure does, always did"- Serkan said as Eda turned around to meet his gaze. Those pictures did him no justice. He was even more handsome in person, especially now that he was wearing a three-piece suit that hugged his muscular body really well.

Not in a million years Serkan thought that he would be able to see Eda again. But there she was, even prettier than he remembered. She looked all grown-up and professional, but he still could see the child in her eyes and smile. Not the same with Eda though. The child in Serkan's eyes seemed long gone. She took a few steps in his direction and then stopped.

"Vayy Serkan Bolat. Missed me?"- Eda said as she leaned up to hug him, inhaling his intoxicating masculine scent that she had been longing for. Serkan was taken aback by her action, but simply put his hands around her waist, remembering exactly how perfectly well she fit in his arms and inhaling her flowery scent that sent shivers down his spine.

"Original Eda"- he thought to herself. Always finding a way to distract him.

"Original Serkan"-she thought to herself. Always finding a way to hide how she affected him.. but always failing.

Author's note:

Hello, this is my first time writing a fanfic. I really hope you all like it and if it blows up, I'm gonna continue writing more. Next chapter is going out in a few days. I hope you enjoy it. Also I wanna know what your opinions are on this one.