𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚍

Start from the beginning

"I guess so." Madelyn said before sighing. "I lost Landon on the first day when everything happened. He was picking me up from work and next thing you know, he's being eaten by a walker."

"I'm sorry." Daryl said.

"No, it's okay." Madelyn said. "In a way, I'm glad he's gone. I would never want him to have to live in a world like this. I would never want him to suffer like we have to. He was a great man and he'll always have a special place in my heart."

Madelyn sighed and held onto the chain that had Landon's wedding ring around her neck. Daryl felt a little bad for Madelyn. Losing a spouse like that must hurt. Daryl obviously wasn't married and didn't even have a girlfriend when everything happened so he couldn't relate to that. His brother was still lost but at least he was alive.

"I think he'd be proud that you made it this far." Daryl said, making Madelyn smile. Daryl even found Madelyn's smile pretty.

"Thanks, Daryl." She said. "You know, you're not nearly as bad as your brother."

"You may think that now." Daryl sighed.

"And I'll continue to think it. Merle, no offence, he's not a nice guy." Madelyn said.

"I apologise on his behalf for anything bad he might have said to you." Daryl said.

"No, it's okay. But thank you. It's getting late. I'm gonna get to bed. I'll see you tomorrow, Daryl." Madelyn said, patting his shoulder before leaving the rec room, leaving Daryl in a rather good mood.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

After a good night's rest, the group were gathering to have breakfast. Madelyn had a really good sleep the night before. It was nice to not have to look over your shoulder for once.

"Morning." Glenn said as he approached the group. "Morning Mads."

"Morning Glenn." Madelyn smiled before they fist bumped. Glenn and Madelyn were now really good friends.

"Are you hungover?" Carl asked Rick. "Mom said you'd be."

"Mom is right." Rick said.

"Mom has that annoying habit." Lori joked.

"Eggs. Powered, but I do 'em good." T-Dog said as Glenn groaned. "Protein helps the hangover."

"That's what you get." Madelyn said to Glenn as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"How are you not hungover?" Glenn complained.

"I'm a cautious drinker." Madelyn chuckled.

"Don't ever, ever, ever let me drink again, Mads." Glenn complained.

"Don't worry. I'll be your guardian angel." Madelyn joked. Daryl looked at Madelyn and smiled. Even during tough times and everything she had gone through, Madelyn found the strength to joke around and lighten things up and he admired that.

"Morning." Jenner said as he walked in.

"Morning. I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing in the morning, doc." Dale said.

"But you will anyways." Jenner said.

"We didn't come here for the eggs." Andrea said.

"We wanna know what's going on." Jacqui said.

"Very well." Jenner sighed. "Follow me."

Everyone followed Jenner into the big room where he began typing stuff on his computer and showed everything on a big screen.