"oh, it's okay. Wait. How about we try to cheer Hyungsik up?" Nayeon suggested and the girls agreed.

"I don't know girls. When he's sad, he liked to be alone"

"that's not fun. Let's try at least. If we never try, we'll never know" Nayeon smiled as she clenched her fist (like when they say 'hwaiting')

"okay. He doesn't have a specific liking. Hmm, maybe he likes chaeyoung?"

"eh me?" Chaeyoung pointed to herself.

"I'm joking. Don't tell him I told you this but he loves soft toys. If you sneak into his room, even tho that isn't a good idea, he has like a huge Teddy bear. Helps him to calm down. No wait, that is from Mom. Okay never mind"

"you know, you're a very bad brother to him tsk tsk " Mina said.

"maybe-" Nayeon shut him up by placing her hand over his mouth.

"let's cook for him. What's his favourite food or desert?"

"probably Chaeyoung" Chanyeol smirked and Nayeon smacked him.

"ow I'm joking"

"don't do that to our poor chaeyoung. Now serious what does he like?"

"kimchi stew and jjambbong. He really likes spicy food" they turned their heads to find Jihyo walking down the stairs.

Jihyo hit Chanyeol, "oww, sorry. It slipped my mind" and Jihyo just rolls her eyes.

"hey, first Nayeon, now you? oh my gawd" Chanyeol acted sassy at the back and the girls laughed.

"it's his birthday, today"

(okok I know Hyungsik birthday is in November but for this story, let's pretend it's on an earlier month)

"huh?!" Chanyeol had the same reaction as the girls. Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows as she hit him again only this time is harder.

"how do you not know?" Jihyo scolded him. Chanyeol blanked out for a moment.

"then we should plan a birthday party for him. When was the last time he had them? I mean.. with everything going on"

"when-" Jihyo was cut off by Chanyeol shushing her. Jihyo glares at him.

"before mom passed" the mood just changed very quickly.

"oh.." Nayeon didn't want everyone to feel blue, "then let's do this for him!"

Everyone felt encouraged by Nayeon so they agreed.

"good, we'll prepare food. Chanyeol can get Hyungsik busy-"

"let me cook for him, you girls get the decoration and Jihyo will go out with him" they could hear the sadness/pain in his voice. He didn't even need to say please for them to agree.

"we'll be right back" the girls left first.

"I'll go get oppa" Jihyo said as she went over to the balcony.

"oppa!" Jihyo back hugged Hyungsik.

"Jihyo? What's wrong?"

"I have a big problem" Jihyo pouted. Underneath, she feels happy. She sees the worry in her big brother's eyes as she thought to herself, "I love you too, oppa"

"I want to go out but no one wants to go with me"

"what about chan-"

"he doesn't want to.. he's busy.." Jihyo looked down.

"it's okay, I'll take you" Hyungsik smiled. Jihyo cheered and immediately took his hand, walking out.

Hyungsik noticed Chanyeol on the couch, deep in thought.