0.8

Chapter 8: Proposal

The heating bills hadn't been paid since Austin died, Louis couldn't get out of bed. Only to go to the bathroom and on the odd occasion, get food and drink for himself. But, it wasn't enough, which is showed by his more punctuated rib bones and hollowing cheeks.

The blankets are cold against his skin and he shivers under their touch, his lips turning a deep blue. He doesn't want to, but he wills himself to get up and out of bed. With sluggish movements, he makes his way to the cupboard in their room. He huffs as he tries to reach for Austin's sweaters, which sit on top of the cupboard, because of the lack of space after Louis had put all of his clothes in.

He finally jumps high enough and yanks on the dark blue one, which tumbles to the ground, with a small box falling out as it unravels. Louis squints at it and drops to his knees to pick it up. He furrows his eyebrows and looks over the small case, trying to figure out what it may be.

Louis opens it.

A gasp falls from his lips as he looks over the silver ring, decorated with a diamond. An engagement ring. "No," Louis whimpers and takes it out, sliding it onto his ring finger. He lets out a cry as it fits perfectly and presses his palms to his face, breathing harshly beneath them. Austin was going to propose. And Louis would have said yes.

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter!

- what do you want to happen next?

Make sure to leave me some comments! :)