"oh hi!" she giggled taking in the boys appearance. baggy jeans, white singlet and a short sleeved flannel that wasn't buttoned up. "hey, i'm new here. my name's bruno," he smiled softly before biting his lip. straight teeth and dimples. 

"nice to meet you bruno. i'm maeve remedy but you can call me mae, i honestly don't mind," she shrugged at bruno.

"burrows, let's go! can't be late for mr bently," another boys voice called out from the hallway. "ooh mr bently, always gotta be careful with his bipolar ass, might be nice to you for one time and then bam! he hates your guts," remedy laughed lightly, making bruno laugh too."i see you speak from experience?" 

"hey! don't even get me started. year ten chem was not it," maeve shook her head sucking in a breath while she also laughed with the blonde.

 "damn, must've sucked huh? well, i'm off! nice meeting you m," bruno burrows saluted and winked at the girl in front of him. "you too blondie," she laughed at him almost tripping.

"hmm, new crush?" harley monico snuck up on her friend of gasped at her voice, hitting her forearm, "no! well- i don't know? he's sweet and cute and gah!" maeve rambled before dropping her head down and letting it rest on monico's shoulder who just giggled.

"let's get you to class alright, miss unstable," harley laughed, dragging maeve towards their first class they unfortunately shared with louis partridge. 

thankfully harley and louis were desk partners while maeve and another boy called noah were partners.

"good morning my favorites!" a young looking man walked in, maeve smiled excitedly having it being her favorite teacher this year. "morning mr withers," the class chorused back happily.

"today i honestly don't mind what you do but, noah and maeve, can i see you two?" he said in a cheery voice, maeve and noah patterson made eye contact and smiled before walking up to their teacher at his desk.

"ah my two smartie pants'" the teacher clapped his hands together, "i need you both to run a couple errands for me today, do you think you could do that?" he added. maeve and noah nodded quickly, neither of them wanting to do the work. "perfect, if you could just visit every class on this list and announce to each class that their test results are out? that would be amazing!" he smiled.

noah walked slightly ahead of maeve giving her the chance to look at him. light brown hair, pale skin, perfect nose and always a positive attitude. "you uh, look pretty today," patterson scratched the back of his neck, "thank you noah, that's really sweet," remedy gushed at the brunette. 

after half an hour of walking around the school, noah and maeve were finished and back inside their air-conditioned english classroom. "we're just reading or free-time right now," mr withers acknowledged the two who walked in. maeve could feel louis' eyes staring at her but she didn't let it affect her.

finally the period was over and maeve rushed out the door, only for noah to follow, hot on her trail. "hey maeve, did you want to sit with my group at lunch today? i just feel bad that harley sits with you-know-who and you're alone at the back," the boy shrugged, trying to be nice to the girl.

maeve smiled brightly, "of course noah, i'd love to. and it's okay, you can say louis name, he's not voldemort," maeve shrugged laughing, noah laughing with her too.

"see you in an hour then!" the brunette boy smiled before walking over to his red-head friend, a girl with short bleached hair and the blonde she had met earlier. maeve smiled before walking to the library for her study period. 

finally it was lunch time and remedy nervously walked to noah's table, he quickly stopped the conversation they were having to say hi. "maeve, hey! this is bruno," he started, pointing towards the grinning blonde, "this is giovanna," he said, this time pointing towards the short haired girl who was smiling at maeve. "and this is jimmy," lastly pointing at the brunette with fluffy curtains, tan skin and icy blue eyes. "hey guys, i'm maeve," she smiled waving.

"partridge is looking at you for like the hundreth time today. did y'all have something going on?" bruno asked cluelessly making the other three scold him with their eyes to which he shrugged at. "yeah, we 'dated' but it was actually a bet he and his friends made," maeve sighed, not wanting to cry right now. "oh sorry," bruno softly said, dropping the topic when he was the only one who noticed her glossy eyes.

"what is it with boys and calling each other by their last names?" giovanna snorted midway through their playful debate, "yeah! what is up with that?" maeve wheezed with her new friends. 
"dude, i literally have no idea. wait- hey siri," jimmy laughed while talking to his phone, "why do guys-" he started but stopped because his face was red from laughing.

lunch was over and the group split up as maeve walked towards her last class of the day, math. the one subject she sat on a table of four with louis, ben and sam, thankfully she actually understood what to do so she wouldn't have to ask them for answers.

"complete the do now and the extra work, then we'll move on after that," the lady up the front drawled. everyone sighed and bought out their math books and pens. in less than ten minutes, maeve was the first one done. "maeve, how do you find the hypotenuse?" ben whisper shouted at the girl. she laughed at him before speaking, "c squared equals a squared plus b squared," she whisper shouted back at the one boy on the table she wasn't mad at.

"hey! amy march!" giovanna whisper shouted from the table next to maeve's. remedy rolled her eyes playfully as she recalled the four of them naming themselves as the little women characters, maeve being amy, giovanna being jo, bruno as meg and noah as beth, though he tried to fight for theodore laurence. 

"what gi?" maeve gave her the same energy back, viola scooted her chair closer and leaned towards the girl, "what'd you get for the square root of nine hundred and sixty?" she questioned the brunette who snorted and scanned her eyes through her working to find the answer, "i got thirty point nine eight, if you only count the first two decimal points." she spoke softly, glancing up at the teacher making sure she wasn't in trouble, "cool, thanks girl. love ya," giovanna blew a kiss before moving her chair back towards her desk.

maeve looked up to see louis and sam staring at her, she gave the two of them her middle finger and continued working out more problems that were set if you already finished.

AUTHOR SPEAKS!
awe mae mae made some friends!
i lowkey based the new characters
on hot guys my friends and i snap and
giovanna's face was based on daisy ridley's
character 'viola' in chaos walking!! hope you
enjoyed todays chapter. i feel like this is my 
favorite chapter so far, do you? leave ur opinion

HERE, AGAIN ------>

i also had soccer trails this morning and we
had to play with the year group older than
us. but i got pulled aside bye the first elevens
coach and he said i was really good so now i'm
scared but excited i might get a chance with the
top team in school uhhh😃😃

also dedication for the person who gave me
the idea that she comes back to school looking
really good! i love you all and
have a good day/night/afternoon.

HUGS,
— MAL