Chapter 21: First Kiss

After a few days of being in the hospital, being monitored 24/7 I was finally being released into the Nara's custody once again. Shikaku was the one who met me outside of the hospital.

"Where's Shikamaru?" I questioned.

"He's visiting Choji." I felt a small pang of jealousy, but I knew him and Choji had been friends since they were kids so I wasn't that jealous. He helped me out of the wheelchair that Shizune had brought me out in.

"I leave her in your care, just make sure she isn't over doing it or Lady Tsunade is going to be knocking down your front door." She somewhat joked. Shikaku nodded and helped me back to the house. Mrs. Nara was waiting there, most likely accustomed to me coming back with injuries from something.

"Now you go lay down in bed and I'll bring you some food later." She ordered me to do.

"Yes ma'am." I muttered, already feeling tired from the short walk between here and the hospital. Shikaku helped me to get into bed and then left me alone. I laid my head against the pillow feeling exhausted. But right as I was about to shut my eyes and go to sleep there was a knock at my door. "Yes?" I called out and the door opened to reveal Shikamaru standing there.

"Sorry I didn't come and get you when you were released I was-"

"Visiting Choji I know, your dad told me." I finished for him.

"Are feeling alright?" He came and sat down next to me.

"Just really tired."

"I'm sorry did I wake you?"

"No, I was just getting ready to fall asleep." He went to get up. "Please stay." I pleaded.

"What a drag." He chuckled. I moved over so he could lay next to me. I placed my head against his chest, his steady heartbeat made me relax instantly.

"Sorry I just like being close to you. It makes me happy." He stroked my hair gently.

"I like being close to you too. It makes me feel alive just being here with you." I blushed.

"Shikamaru...I'm sorry if I made you worry." He didn't respond just held me a little tighter.

"I thought I lost you." He said after a minute of silence.

"I'm sorry..." he shook his head and I could see the glimmer of tears in his eyes.

"You're here that's all that matters to me." I snuggled closer to him, feeling the pure bliss I was in. My eyes started to droop and then before I knew it I was asleep.

~

Shikamaru's POV

I watched as she slipped off to sleep. Her face was content and I could see the small smile across her lips. I know I had teased her in the hospital but now I wanted nothing more than to kiss her.

"Looks like you're comfy." I looked up at the doorway to see my dad, he had a smirk on his face.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

"She really is crazy. To take a knife for you." I shook my head.

"She's reckless."

"Maybe, but you know it's because she cares about you. She didn't want to lose you either." He left me with that final thought, shutting the door behind him.

"Amaya...I love you."

~

Amaya's POV

When I woke up Shikamaru was gone. I frowned.

"Now why are you making that face?" I looked to my left and saw him sitting in a chair by the bed.

"I thought..." I trailed off.

"That I left? I didn't think that was the most comfortable position for either of us. Besides if my mom walked in she probably would have killed me." I chuckled softly but my surgical wound ached with sharp pains.

"Ow..." I whispered, placing my hand over the spot.

"Does it hurt?" He now wore a frown across his face.

"A little."

"Do you want me to go get your medicine?" I was about to agree, but then I remembered when he teased me in the hospital.

"I think I know of an even better medicine." I smiled. He looked at me confused.

"What?" I gestured with my pointer finger for him to come closer. He sat on the bed next to me but he didn't seem to get it yet.

"A little more." I muttered, feeling a little blush creeping into my cheeks. This seemed to make him realize. He leaned over to me and our lips touched lightly. His lips were warm and inviting. The pain faded away as my arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer.

"Amaya..." he whispered when we took a break. "As much as I would love to continue this, my parents are going to come and check on us soon." I puffed my lip out pouting, him placing one last kiss on my lips before getting up.

"Now I'm going to go get your medicine." He left the room and I was left with the rising heat in my cheeks.

~

Shikamaru's POV

Damn that girl drove me crazy.