Number One Fan! Interview with racingheart

Start from the beginning

10.   Are you planning to go back later and change any of your stories? If so, which ones and why and what would you like to change?

Yes, definitely. "Bad Girl VS. The Player" needs serious editing. I would want to change the way I portrayed her in the beginning - a "slut". So many people were against that, and now, it doesn't really fit the way she is now.

11.   When you set out to write a story, what do you concentrate on the most; your characters or the situations you put them in, and why?

I always concentrate on the situations I put them in, at the beginning. The characters can always be explored in further depth later, but the situation can't be changed. Well, they can, but it wouldn't be very effective.

12.   Are there any messages or deeper meanings that you would like your readers to get from your work?

Uh...don't fall in love with a douche?

13.   What book do you feel has influenced your own writing the most and how?

Uh, the alphabet book? Without the alphabet, I may never have been able to write.

Seriously? No one book has really influenced me - it's been many books, from classics like Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights, and more contemporary novels like Harry Potter. But I have no idea how; I use a lot more clauses in my work, after I'd read Harry Potter. Does that count?

14.   What are three books that you've always wanted to read but have never gotten around to? Why do you want to read them?

The Bible, How to Look Good Naked: Shop for Your Shape and Look Amazing!, and The French Menu Cookbook by Richard Olney.

The Bible, because I've heard it's a good read. I'd like to read it one day.

How to Look Good Naked, because, uh, it's got a funny title, and Gok Wan is amazing.

The French Menu Cookbook by Richard Olney, because one day, I'd like to cook for myself, rather than have a friend/parent/neighbour/fireman cook for me. And I like French things.

15.   You've only been on Wattpad for a few months and yet you are quickly approaching the million read mark on a couple of your stories. How does this instant popularity make you feel and how has it affected your life?

...Am I that popular?

It doesn't affect my life at all. My friends still treat me the same way - badly. I don't really think they care. It just means I'm available a lot less, which annoys them. Some of them occasionally bring it up, but only to tease me about things like "Hey, isn't your character Oscar a bit like that guy you used to have the hots for?" By the way, he totally isn't.

My parents don't care, either. Unless my grades go down.

16.   Your trademark covers always have a headless girl on them. Why, for God's sake! You do know it's just a little creepy, don't you? Lol. What that question means is, is there any special reason that the person who designs your covers for you always chooses to focus on the body of the girl, omitting her face?

Uh...I really don't know... I don't make my covers... my friend does. Wait, I'll just call her...

Ring Ring...

Me: Hello, uh, why do the covers you make for me have a girl with no head?

Friend: Who is this? James? Is that you?

Me: Uh, it's Sofia.

Friend: Oh.

Me: Why do the covers you make for me have a girl with no head?

Friend: What covers?

Me: You know, the ones you make for me!

Friend: ...I don't know. They just look better that way. Anyway, Sandy, I'll talk to you later, I'm waiting for James's call.

Me: It's Sofia -

Phone cuts off

I talked to her, uh, later, and she said that basically the idea of the headless girl is that the girl could be anyone, because it has no face. She says it brings the readers closer to the story, because they are imagining themselves as the character... Plus, she likes the clothes on them.

Is it really that creepy?