Chapter 11: It's Called the Mother of Ants for a Reason

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I nodded; I would like to have that with Fern. We’re close friends, if he’s in trouble I want to be the first to know.

“But they’re some things you also want to know”, He warned. “Both of us will where the other is and can read how their feeling. If one of us dies, the other has the chance to die as well.”

I nodded again. It would be hard to kill one of us; I’d be more than happy to share a link with Fern. It would be nice to talk to someone.

Fern smiled. “Thanks, I-I feel safer to know that you’ll be there when I’m in trouble.”

I patted Fern on the back.

Fern added, “If you don’t want the link any more, we have to do it face to face.”

I got it, but that’ll be highly unlikely. Fern touched my forehead.

Fern grinned. “You feel happy that we can talk or at least seem to talk.”

Jason told me, “We should tell you something.”

I looked up.

“When we were in our last quest, we met King Midas.” Piper said, “When he should have been dead”.

King Midas is probably a Greek myth since I never heard of him. I wrote down who he is.

“King Midas rescued a satyr who was a follower of Dion, I mean, Mr. D,” Fern explained. “Mr. D gave him the ability to have a golden touch. After Midas learned that it was too much for him, he reversed the golden touch.”

Piper coughed, “Not when we met him. He still had the golden touch, but he could reverse things that were gold with running water.”

"Too bad for him, gold is a very good conductor for electricity," Jason grinned.

“Midas explained that he had a patron, Gaea, that helped him be alive,” Piper said. “That’s why he’s still alive, when he should really be dead.”

Jason nodded, “If we run into any other people who should be dead, and their patron if Gaea. They’re enemies.”

I nodded that I got the idea. We ate the last of Leo tacos with a laughing Jason and Piper. After a satisfying dinner, everyone went into the tent. I volunteered to see where Leo went, his half hour was almost up.

I found Leo still in his clothes, shivering in the middle of the river. It was pretty sad; the freezing cold water splashed everywhere. I sat by the banks of the river and dipped my hand into it. It was freezing cold; this wasn’t good for a fire-user. After the 30 minutes were up, Leo first contact was a fluffy white towel. Then I handed him back his jacket. He sat next to me, he started to sneeze. I showed him a taco he made, I saved for him.

He chattered, “T-thanks”.

He took it and warmed the food with his hands. I wrote on my whiteboard and showed it to him. It took a few minutes for him to read it since it was pretty dark and he was dyslexic.

“Okay,” He said finally. “It was kind of my fault I had to swim in the river.”

I arched an eyebrow. In my point of view, it wasn’t “kind of” his fault.

“Fine”, He sighed. “The whole thing was my fault, I got what I deserve. Happy?”

I made a sly grin. Leo started to munch on his taco. I felt happy for him; he finally got to eat after swimming in the gushing waters of the Mississippi River. After he finished he lay down onto the ground. 

“I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you that I was in the Great Prophecy.”

I looked away; I was giving him the silent treatment. But I forgot that I can’t talk. So I’m already giving him the silent treatment.