Chapter eleven - Archenemy

Depuis le début

Harry got back with the ingredients and him and I started preparing them.

"Uhm, I'm so sorry but I forgot my book in the rush to get here in time," Harry looked at me like he was in physical pain.

"Oh don't worry about it silly, we can share." I placed the book in between us and we leaned in, both studying what to do with the ingredients. I heard the sound of a book slamming together and quickly turned around. It was Draco. He had now gathered his things and were heading for the exit.

"Draco?" I tried but he didn't even flinch and just kept walking.

"What is wrong with this class," Professor Snape complained and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I'm so sorry Harry, could you give me five minutes?" I asked him and he just nodded, understanding the problem. How come Harry was so understanding and Draco was just a big mess all the time?

I hurried out after Draco, Snape ignoring my exit. I think he kept me on his good side due to my advances in potions and my otherwise good school record. Plus that man had always had a blind spot for whatever Draco did. I saw his blonde mane turn around a corner and I hurried after. I sped up to him and grabbed his shoulder to get him to turn around.

"What?" He snapped and I saw his eyes had darkened.

"Please tell me what's wrong?" I asked. Not wanting our relationship to be swaying yet again.

"What's wrong? You're basically mounting Potter right before me! Has it slipped your mind that I loathe him? And we're meeting each other in less than two hours?"
"You're overreacting-" I tried but he cut me off.

"You could show some fucking understanding and at the very least some loyalty," Draco spat right in my face and then turned his heel and kept walking. I knew I hadn't done very wrong in this situation, but I could see how he saw it. I rushed back to Draco and stepped right in front of him to keep him from walking away.

"I'm on your side, always." I looked right into his muddled grey eyes and carefully pulled him into a hug. He hesitantly returned it and we just stood there. I felt his breathing slow down and his anger wash off him.

"Please don't make me go back there, watching Potter suck up to you," he begged and I nodded.

"No, it's fine. I'll tell Snape you're heading for warmup." He gave me a half-smile and we parted ways. If Slytherin did not win this game, Draco would tear down the entire castle.

I walked back to class and as I tried to tell the professor that Draco wasn't coming back he just waved me away and I did not complain so I walked back to Harry to find he was almost done with the ingredients.

"Now it's very crucial to add them separately and make sure they're dissolved before adding the next," I instructed and Harry nodded.

"I take it Malfoy didn't enjoy me pairing up with you?" Harry asked and I almost laughed in how he tried to sugarcoat the situation.

"To say it lightly, no," I smiled at him.

"Well, I better watch out at the game then so he doesn't knock me off my broom."

"Yeah, and I don't mean to scare you, but he might hurt you worse than that," I looked at him excusingly.

"Luckily I'm better than him," Harry spoke cockily and I just laughed.

***

I had told Harry about my lack of company to the game so he had steered me to his friend with the big hair, Hermione. We walked to the game small talking about who we thought had the biggest chance of scoring first. My vote was on Flint while hers was on Wood.

"I have to ask, why are you friends with Malfoy? I mean you're actually a nice person," she spoke bluntly. I snickered at her remark but I did agree.

"He's not all bad, you know?"

"Well he did buy himself into the team.."

"I won't argue with you on that one! But, he does have talent for quidditch. He was the one who taught me last year."

"Oh I remember! You were so good! I can't believe Malfoy would take time off his important schedule to do something selfless though,"

"Well, it wasn't so selfless. He took all the credit for my performance," I answered and we both laughed.

We made our way up to the grandstand and took a seat at the already half-full stand. I saw that the teams were in full swing warming up. I spotted Draco and he seemed, well angry? I suppose hormones mixed with his winning mentality it became some sort of frustrated anger. I wrapped the slytherin scarf that Draco had borrowed me for the game tighter around me as the winds started sweeping in. Madame Hooch entered the field and everyone's attention turned to the field. The both teams were now assembled in the center as Hooch held her usual speech about fair-play and then she blew her whistle and released the balls. The game had begun.

A/N: *toxic draco has entered the chat*