Chapter 33: Watchful Eyes

Start from the beginning

Willow yelped and rolled on the floor, stopping on one knee as the sudden strike left her unbalanced.

She narrowed her eyes and dashed once more, only the cop was having none of this.

Callisto pulled more water from the drinking fountain next to her and in one swift motion, froze Willows wings to the floor as she kicked the girls legs out.

The brunette gasped, struggling to set her wings free.

'Dammit! How can I be outclassed by such a stupid ability?! I can fly for f*cks sake and yet she can pin me down with just a little bit of water?! Just how overpowered are these damn high tiers?!'

The cop walked towards her but not before Keene stepped in, throwing a punch at the woman's stomach. She hissed as she stumbled back, glaring at the groundskeeper. 

Keene had his eyes narrowed in pure rage, a sight not many had the privilege of seeing. "That's enough! You and your co-workers have done enough and we're all tired of your games! What will it take for you people to finally leave us alone?!"

The woman straightened up as she closed her open hand. Keene's eyes went wide as a torrent of water blasted towards him and threw him into the lockers. He hissed in discomfort as both his wrists were frozen and pinned to the side of his head against the metal.

Keene grunted as he tried to yank himself free.

Straightening out her shoulder length teal hair, Callisto's bright fuchsia eyes bore into Keenes as she grabbed him by the neck. 

"Until all these worthless brats here finally learn where they stand in the food chain, nothing will change." Another large ball of water collected in her hand. 

"And you'd be wise to stay the HELL OUT OF OUR WAY!"

The woman was about to freeze Keene's head to the wall until a foreboding presence loomed over them all, a certain school nurse grasping the woman's arm and yanking her back, causing her to drop the sphere of water.

He pinned her to the opposite wall as his aura menacingly surrounded her.

"CAN'T YOU PEOPLE GO ONE DAY WITHOUT HURTING SOMEONE?!"

Darren glared daggers into the woman's eyes and much to his surprise, she seemed effected by his abilities, quickly shutting her own off. Unfortunately, it was short lived as the cop then smirked, twisting his arm before socking Darren in the face, the man yelping as he held his now bloody nose.

He stumbled back to gain his bearings but he was too slow against her. 

The school nurse blocked a series of punches, trying to find an opening.

While he was decent at fighting, he couldn't do much against someone who was much faster than he was.

He managed to get a hit in on her face but it did little to slow her down. The woman landed a punch on his side and used this new opening to uppercut him.

Callisto then kicked his legs out from underneath him and the man cried out as his head cracked against the floor, leaving his vision spinning. 

Keene struggled to free himself from the wall as he yanked at his arms. It was a shame his ability didn't give him more added strength. What was even worse was the he was frozen to a locker, the ice having meshed and expanded through the grates and leaving him completely pinned.

Once she was sure the two weren't going to try anything else, the cop grabbed Willow by the arm, the ice melting away from her wings, and dragged her off. The elite tier was swearing like a sailor as she was forced towards the detention hall, eventually deactivating her abilities when she realized it was useless.