The Goodbye.

A/N: Hey shawty baes. I'm sorry for another shorter chapter. I promise that the next one will be longer. THANK YOU FOR 14K READS I-. I literally said thanks for 13k reads in the last announcement. I love you all. Enjoy 💃🕺💃

We arrived back in the dorm at four am. Draco and I fell back asleep as soon as we laid our heads on the bed. I slept through the night without any nightmares, the nightmares didn't come back when Draco was there.

There were two more days before everyone would be leaving for Christmas. Everyone including Draco. So I would be alone once again. And then my birthday would be creeping up on me. I hated my birthday. Every year I spend it alone. I don't come out of my dorm. Pansy and Blaise would be gone home too. So it's always just me. And I didn't mind it that way. I wasn't supposed to live this long anyways. So why celebrate.

The two days before Christmas break passed quickly. Pansy apologised more than enough times and blaise apologised too after he realised he shouldn't have asked some of the questions he did ask. Draco spent the two nights at my dorm as the weekend passed. I would miss him over the Christmas break.

I hated saying goodbyes. And I guess Draco did too because he didn't say goodbye. I didn't like saying goodbye in front of people outside of school, so Pansy and Blaise both came to my dorm.

"I'll see you soon. It's only three weeks. I'll be annoying you again before you know it." She said as she hugged me.

"Oh I can't wait." I laughed at her.

"Alright Pans you're hogging Vee let me hug her" Blaise said as he pulled her off of me and engulfed ne in a hug.

"I'll miss you bitch." He knelt down to my ear. "You really changed Draco recently. Thank you" He pulled away and smiled at me.

"As much as you get on my nerves Blaise I love you so fucking much. Now the two of you get going before you miss the train" I shooed them out.

I sat alone in my dorm. I felt a few tears escape from my eyes as I was alone for Christmas again.

Draco's POV

I sat myself on the couch in the common room and watched as Pansy and Blaise left Venus's dorm after saying goodbyes. They made their way to the couches and I stood up to say goodbye for them. It would be my first year spending Christmas at hogwarts.

I pulled Blaise in for a hug before he left. I laughed a bit as I patted his back.

"You sure you won't come to mine for the holidays mate?"

"I'll be just fine here Blaise, thanks though." I smiled before I felt Pansy pull me down to hug her.

"Vee will stay in her dorm for a while. She still doesn't know you're staying. Before I go I think I should tell you her birthdays in two days. She doesn't like her birthday, so don't do anything too big. I'll be sending her an owl. Take care of her for me?" She said into my ear before she pulled away.

"Always." I assured her. I smiled at the two of them before they walked hand in hand away from me. They left for the train together.

I hadn't told Vee I would be staying here over the holidays. I didn't want to tell her I wasn't welcomed at the manor anymore.

After they had left I made my way to the astronomy tower. I stood the railing and looked up at the stars. I hoped my mother was ok in the house. Alone with Lucius. I tried not to think of things like that. I tried to think of better things. Vee's birthday. It was in two days. And Pansy said she wasn't fond of her birthday. So I shouldn't do anything too big.

I twirled my ring around my finger as I thought of what to do.

I stopped thinking as I heard light footsteps coming up the stairs before I heard the door creak open.

"Why are you still here?" I heard her say in astonishment.

Venus's POV

I furrowed my brow as I saw him turn to look at me. The train had left hours ago. Had he missed it?

"I'm not going home this year. Or next year. I'm afraid you're stuck with me for Christmas." He winked as I walked over towards him. I hugged him tightly, I wasn't alone.

"So you're staying? For the three weeks?"

"Mhm. Three weeks of non stop me. Lucky lucky Venus." He chuckled as he hugged me back.

We started to sway as we hugged, we swayed for a minute before he pulled away and put his hands out. Asking me if I wanted to dance.

"No music?"

"We won't need it Vee." He smiled as I took his hand. We danced in circles around the tower as we both hummed our familiar tune. My mother must've sung it to us.

Draco and I danced and danced and danced in circles around the tower for what felt like an hour. We hummed, talked, laughed, kissed. We had our own time. Alone. Together

"Mr. Malfoy and Miss. Smith. Although it is the weekend you both still have curfew. And I would suggest you two get back to your dorms before someone less forgiving finds you."

I snapped my head away from Draco's chest to McGonagall standing in the doorway watching us. Draco laughed lightly and smiled down to me.

"I was just about to walk Venus back to her dorm professor." Draco said as he let go of one of my hands and began walking with me towards the door.

As I passed her she looked at me as she smiled and winked. I felt a slight smile spread across my lips. Professor McGonagall was always lovely to me. She knew of my past. She knew everything. I supposed she knew everything about Draco too. I hoped she would tell Dumbledore that Draco wasn't as bad as he thought he was. I hoped she would tell him that she saw him looking after me. And making me smile.

I hoped she would tell him what she saw.

Because she saw me happy.