You're You - Metal Arm and All (Bucky Barnes X Reader)

Prompt: You fall asleep with your head resting on Bucky's left shoulder. He's not too sure about that.

A/N: I needed to write some lighthearted Bucky stuff after that season premiere of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier! Man, someone needs to give Bucky a hug!! Pronto!

****

Movie nights were a frequent occurrence at the New Avengers Complex.

Tony was adamant that the full-on home theatre he had installed didn't go to waste.

So, every Friday night, the Avengers present at the Complex all gathered in the theatre, outfitted with enough couches to fit half of New York in, surround sound and crystal clear, HD picture quality.

But, on this particular Friday evening, not many people are around.

You, Sam, Steve, Natasha and Bucky are the only ones present, and after having spent the entire day taking stock of mandatory supplies, doing some training and some pretty serious housekeeping items, everyone is unanimously in favour of a vegged out movie night.

"I'll handle the popcorn this time," Sam declares as you step into the darkened room, shooting a dirty look at Bucky as he makes his way past, following behind you.

"That was one time, Sam! One time!" The former Winter Soldier protests as you settle into your usual spot on the small love seat couch, glancing back at the bickering pair over your shoulder.

"Yeah, and that one time, you set the entire thing of popcorn on fire! On fire! How do you even burn popcorn?" The Falcon argues, clearly just trying to rile the other man up. "It's like you have a natural tendency to destroy everything you touch."

"Hey!" You holler, a frown skimming across your features as Sam's harsh remark reaches your ears. "Cut it out, Wilson."

"Oh, so you need your girl to stick up for you now, man? I see how it is," He continues to chide, a smug smirk tugging at his lips as he places the popcorn kernels into the microwave and starting the timer.

"Wilson, I swear-" Bucky starts, only to be cut off by a new voice as the rest of the Team appears.

"Will you two just cut it out already?" Natasha sighs heavily, shaking her head with a chuckle as she hooks her thumb, pointing down the main hallway. "We could hear you all the way down the hall. That's saying something."

Seeming to mutter something under his breath, you watch as Bucky Barnes shoots one last glare towards Sam, who's still snickering, and begins to head towards you, his entire demeanour instantly shifting as he nears.

"You can't let Sam push you around like that, even if he is just messing with you," You urge softly as the brunet settles into his usual spot beside you on the smaller couch, though this time, you somehow managed to swap sides.

"Yeah. It's fine, though," Bucky shrugs, instinctively beginning to pull you closer to his side with his left arm, though he quickly comes to a halt, pushing you away from him almost as if he'd hurt you.

"Buck, what are you... are you okay?" You murmur softly as the movie begins to roll, the room becoming much darker than before.

"It's just... my... you're on the wrong side," He stammers, his voice lower than a whisper.

Your brows furrow and you make a questioning expression, even though you know he likely can't see it.

"Hey, it doesn't matter to me," You shrug, shifting towards his form once more, hoping he doesn't push you away this time. "You're you - metal arm and all. And that's who I love."