However, like a sudden thrust in the air, he grabs my collar and glares me down.
"Tell me what I want to know."

Such simple words, yet such power. Hehe, better do as he says or I might actually be killed here.

"It's fun watching you frustrated. Put me down." I glare.

...

He doesn't do anything.
"Hm, that's quite annoying, but fine. That blood is something that no one in this world should know about. In fact, it doesn't exist here in its origin."

"What are you talking about? Just tell me the power of that blood."

"Well... it was considered 'cursed blood' as of before 8 years ago. It kept a non-existent organism from degenerating to their original form. A demon like none you know of. I think that's enough. Any more and I might break some taboo." I say, getting let down from Guren's grip.

"...What the hell is Lambda...? What experiments were done there?"

"Creating the perfect food source for those organisms although none of it exists. None of it. So quit sticking your nose into it because you won't find a thing." I frown.

Before Guren can say anything he lets me down and the door opens to reveal Yuu.

"Yuu! You're finally here!"
"(N/n), you're way too early."

I turn to Guren to see no one standing there.
"Well, I was working out. I need to get stronger if I want to protect you and Mika!" I grin.

"I'll be the one to protect you and Mika. You won't have to get hurt, okay?"
"Got it, captain!" I salute, walking out.

«•»

I've been waiting at the bottom of this staircase for Shinoa to come, for half an hour. Yuu even came to check on me because he's so worried.

Why did Guren think that talk would last so long? What if it was going to last longer, but Yuu came in at the worst possible moment?! God dammit! Well... it did save me, so I'll be grateful.

...Guren is researching that blood... it's good to know he doesn't know that it's coursing through me, keeping me from needing to... hurt anyone.

"Oh, footsteps. Shinoaa!" I cheer, leaning off the wall and running to Shinoa.

"Ah, (Y/n). I'm glad to see you're early. Does that mean Yuu is here?" Shinoa responds, embracing me in a morning hug.

We walk up the stairs to find sunlight pouring from the clear skies, holding only a few clouds, at 9am.

Shinoa strides towards Yuu, as he watches over the vast landscape, with a small breeze blowing past her short, violet hair.

I step forward to stand by Yuu as Shinoa stands to his left.

"Yuuichiro. You're rather early today." Shinoa starts off with a smile.

"Huh? Oh, Shinoa. Mornin'." Yuu greets.
"Good morning."

I give a little wave to Yuu.
"A lovely morning, Yuu." I smile.