Chapter Four

(OMGGG 405 READS ON THIS BOOK?!?!?! OHHHHHMMYYYYGOODDDD!!!! Thank you ALL!!!! XD)

CHAPTER FOUR

It had been what seemed like forever since Clockwork and I had had that encounter. Since I agreed to enter the human world - to risk my whole afterlife so that I could become human again... Well, partially human.

I had always wanted to be human again, as I'm sure most ghosts do, but Clockwork was giving me that chance... He was willing to put my needs above every other ghost's.

He could have chosen any other ghost to do this job. To keep the balance between the Ghost Zone and Earth. Keep the ghosts in the Ghost Zone and surrender half of their ghost self to become human. He could have chosen anyone else...

But he chose me.

He really did care. He knew I wanted to go back. He was giving me that chance.

Yet... I was still questioning my decision. Had I done the right thing? I mean, sure, I would see my family and friends again after ten years... I would finally get my wish and I would finally be human again... But was it the right thing to do?

Would they accept me? My ghost half I mean. Would they hunt me down? Try to kill me... Again? Should I just not tell them I'm a ghost? Would Clockwork's plan even work, or would I be blasted into oblivion?

With all these thoughts rattling around in my head, I didn't notice my surroundings at all until I bumped into somebody.

"Whoa, sorry. I didn't watc-" My eyes widened, for that high tech battle suit could never be misinterpreted. "Skulker?"

"Watch it, whelp!"

"Geez, soooooorry..." I droned on sarcastically, rolling my eyes at the name-calling. "What's got you in such a hurry, anyway?"

"I'm not surprised you haven't heard." Skulker replied nonchalantly, but I could practically hear the sarcasm dripping in his tone. This was strange - Skulker usually ignored me, not answered my questions willingly.

"Heard what?" I interrupted him.

He went on as if I had said nothing. "There's a portal to Earth. It is about to be activated. I am skeptical... Nothing like this has ever been done before... Ghosts have tried to find one, but to no avail."

My eyes widened. Oh my god... The portal! I had to get there fast! Clockwork had never specified when the portal would be working... He just said we needed to do something... I had just conspired to wait it out since then... Wait patiently until he gave me some details. But really, Clockwork?! Way to be efficient... I mean, he was the one who was worried about this in the first place, and he hadn't even given me anything?!

I tried to act cool. "Oh, yeah, I've heard about that. You know, it might work, you never know. Uh... I heard that humans are building it... You know, in the human world? They're trying to get through to the Ghost Zone."

Skulker then began rambling, more to himself than to me. "But how would they know about ghosts? None of us have ever been to Earth!"

I shrugged and interrupted his tangent. "Probably one of those... Supernatural investigation squads... Or whatever..."

Skulker gave me a look. "How would you, of all ghosts, know about this anyway?"

I shrugged again, then realised I was probably doing that too much, and hoped he didn't notice. "I just heard about it..." I said as formally and unsuspiciously as I could. "I'm surprised you haven't heard about all this." I added smartly, folding my arms.