25

Narration

Cora was quick to enter her office, and sat like a boss on her swivel chair.

The roller blinds in her office was hanged kay 'di niya makita kung sumunod nga ba ang lalaki. And if hindi ito tumupad sa usapan, siya mismo ang hihila rito papunta sa loob ng office niya.

Why did he sound so scared on his texts? Ayaw ba nitong makasama siya? Seriously?

No one ever rejected Cora Ellana's companionship, 'pag nagkataon ito palang.

The nerve!

Cora could not understand why was she so adamant in getting closer to that guy. He was just plain and simple.

When she first saw him that afternoon, when she was about to head to her condo hotel, hindi niya alam bakit bigla niyang nahanap sa sarili ang kagustuhang mas makilala pa ito.

He was the one who served her coffee that time. She was obviously gawking at him, while he seemed oblivious of it, or maybe acting well on being indifferent. He gave her a smile after that, and despite recognizing it as a smile an employee gives to customers, she felt her heart jumped.

What was wrong with her? That she did really care on minding. All she knew was that it took her two hours to finish her coffee as her eyes were constantly following every movements of the man.

When she was done, she told herself that it would not be her last coffee in that shop. Aside from the explendid coffee taste she never expected from a plain black one that she ordered, they got an employee that she thought as much of a better reason to go back there.

That night, she made sure to share her journey, from her flight, to the most interesting one, finding out that coffee shop, to Ria, her bestfriend.

It was also the night that she found out the she stepped on the coffee shop of Ria's friend, when she tried to describe the place and location.

Hindi na siya nagpakipot pa and hiningi na nga ang number nito. Ria was hesitant that time thinking that she would just embarassed herself, but she promised her it's all on her. Hiningi nito ang number sa may-ari ng shop. She did not know how it happened but she did not care about it na, as long as she got the number already.

They met each other the morning after, and contrary to what other's believe with bestfriends meeting each other after a long time, Ria just gave her the boring embrace and greeting. Between them, she was the sassy one while Ria was the no-care-at-all type.

Ria and her met during her elementary days here in the Philippines. They got closer when they moved to high school.  However, she had to migrate to Austria to be with her mother after the legal separation her parents had.

She always made sure to go back to Philippines to visit her father every year. May iba na itong pamilya but she was very welcome to their family, though, kaya wala na siyang mga hinanakit pa dito. She understood that it was best for them to separate than forcing themselves to be together as it would just do them more harm than good.

It was just two years ago year when she realized that she wanted to put up her own brand in the Philippines. It took her several plans of moving forward, of re-evaluating her dreams, of going back and forth to where things might lead her, but she made it, and she was here.

It would just be days from now until she get a hold of the fulfillment of her dreams. And it was already 30 seconds from her count at wala paring pumapasok na delivery boy sa office niya.

She was about to stand up when she heard a knock. She cleared her throat and sat properly with her arms crossed.

"Come in," she said with a little hint of excitement on her voice.