.4. ᴅʀɪɴᴋᴀsᴀɴᴀ

Something was bothering Taehyung. And the fact that he was unable to identify what it was that was bothering him was equally bothersome. He didn't enjoy skinship with strangers. He knew that much. However, Jungkook did not quite fit the stranger category any more. Besides, the feeling of Jungkook's touch on his bare elbow had not necessarily been unpleasant. It had been unexpected. For sure. And perhaps even unwarranted. But unwelcome? Not really, no.

So what was wrong?

Taehyung recalled the look of utter disarray painted on the young instructor's face as he had come to the realization that somewhere along the way, his brain had decided to malfunction as he stood there, on the sidewalk, with a pen in one hand and no sticky note in the other. "Can I — I mean, can you — um — give me your hand? Please?" he had asked after having gathered enough aplomb to do so.

"My hand? Whatever for?" Taehyung had replied, holding his hand out all the same.

Jungkook had taken it in his own and begun writing on the other's open palm. "If you're serious about yoga, then call me."

He hadn't given Taehyung the time to protest, let alone process what had just happened for the next moment, he was gone. As he walked toward the nearest subway station, the man struggled to ignore the yearning slowly rising within him. He'd never grant this new feeling permission to grow, much less be. And where in the world did that nervous excitement come from?

Sitting crossed-legged on his mat, Jungkook was trying hard to meditate. Keyword: trying. But how could one possibly empty one's mind when a certain brown-haired male insisted on randomly popping up inside one's head and between two breaths, rendering the contemplative practice fruitless.

Once he realized how pointless it was to fight it, Jungkook decided he might just as well reflect on the highlight of his day: his serendipitous encounter with Taehyung. What a surprise it had been, to see him again! And to hear him request private lessons with him! Could anyone have predicted his secret wish would come true so soon?

Alas, it was impossible to ignore the embarrassing hand episode. He could have had Taehyung take out his phone and type in his number. Why had he thought writing on the other's soft skinwould be a good idea? (He made a note to ask about his moisturizing routine if he ever got the chance to be on such terms with the man.) Taehyung's straight face hadn't been exactly helpful in determining whether he had enjoyed the interaction at all. Thus Jungkook's arrival at the inevitable conclusion that it was safe to assume he had successfully weirded him out with all this silliness.

Hands still in lotus position, Jungkook mentally facepalmed himself. He knew Taehyung was not the touchy type. He knew he should have kept his distance. A professional distance. What was he thinking, holding his hand, giving out his personal number—? Taehyung was already dealing with work-related stress. How inconsiderate of Jungkook to take advantage of his vulnerable state in order to get close to him! Peggy was right. None of this would have happened if he hadn't allowed himself to crush on the guy.

Also, meditation was not helping. Deciding that was enough contemplating for the evening, the young man grabbed his phone — which had been awfully quiet all day — and called his hyung.

"But Jungkook, you don't drink."

"Tonight I do."

"I'm not sure what exactly we're celebrating though."

"We are drinking to the perfect man whom I met last week and whom I successfully scared off today because — well, I'm talented like that."

Jimin almost spit out his beer. "Wow, hold on a minute. Jeon Jungkook met a guy and only now am I hearing about it?"

"Because nothing happened, hyung! He was just asking about yoga classes."

"Oooohh — student-teacher dynamics! I like it!"

The other couldn't help but roll his eyes at Jimin's smug smile. "He's not my student. And he never will be."

"What did you do to put him off? Did you pull up your sleeves by any chance?"

Jungkook didn't bother to answer and took another swig of his Cass, eager to get at least a little drunk.

Deonjyeo beoryeo suit & tie

"Guk, I think your phone is ringing."

"Can't be."

Dress codeeun bling bling bling

"Can too."

"Oh. You're right."

"Who is it?"

"Number unknown."

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡