.3. ᴘᴇɢɢʏsᴀɴᴀ

As Jungkook watched Taehyung leave the studio, he placed his elbows on the reception desk and casually leaned back, eyes fixated on the street visible through the bay windows.

"You shouldn't yield like that every time someone throws a tantrum to get into one of your classes," uttered the receptionist — whom we shall name Peggy — behind her counter.

"I don't believe tall-tell signs of occupational burnout qualify as tantrum," replied the young instructor. "Besides, you probably shouldn't be talking about clients like that. It's quite unprofessional, you know."

She scoffed. "Look who's talking."

"What?"

"Don't think I didn't notice you giving him the once-over! How is that any less out-of-line?"

Jungkook didn't even bother to hide the smirk he felt growing on his lips. "Well, he just told me he wouldn't be taking the class so he is not technically a client."

"I see. He's just some cute guy you're never going to meet again."

Jungkook's heart sank at the cutting remark. "Well. Didn't he fill out a form, or a sign a waiver or something beforehand?"

Peggy swiftly grabbed the file folder sitting on top of her desk, shaking her head. "Oh no no no. Don't think for one second I'll allow you access to his personal info!"

The other starting batting his eyelashes at full speed. "Not even his phone number?"

"Especially not his phone number!"

"Why not?" insisted the instructor.

"You could get fired for that! Not only is it unprofessional, it's downright illegal!"

He knew that. Of course he did. "I was just joking," he replied coolly, shrugging the topic off before heading back to his intermediate yoga class, which was already packed with middle-aged women who didn't find it at all improper to flirt with a teacher twice as young.

This was no doubt one of the world's greatest unsolved mysteries, what the one-time student had done to Jungkook's common sense for him to sneak into the office and look through the file folders stored away in the cabinet behind the receptionist's desk. The young instructor couldn't believe his actions, as getting caught meant risking losing his position of employment. The only thing that was certain was the fact that since Taehyung's visit, a week ago, not a single day had passed without Jungkook giving the young man a thought. Or two. Or more. Funny how first time impressions could transform into obsessions. Albeit slightly unhealthy ones.

As he came to the realization that file cabinets were specifically made to fit hundreds of files, he figured it would take several searches to find what he was looking for.

"Jungkook?"

The yoga teacher turned stiff and hot, as countless drops of sweat suddenly beaded all over his body. He spun around to face the unexpected visitor. Taehyung had walked into the studio and was now observing him with curious eyes. "You got a desk job?"

"Taehyung! You're back! And no, I'm—I was just—never mind," stuttered the more than slightly flustered Jungkook who was dangerously close to confessing everything. Swiftly closing the file cabinet, he shifted the focus on the unexpected visitor. "So, I'm guessing the argument that yoga qualifies as an extreme sport wasn't convincing enough."

Taehyung sighed. "You guessed right. Which is why I'm back."

"Should we sign you up then?"

"Actually, I want to ask you for a favour."

Jungkook tried not to gulp too loud. "What favour?"

"Can you please teach me? But privately?"

High heels echoed on the tiled floor behind them and a voice Jungkook was beginning to loathe uttered fawningly, "we don't do private lessons. I believe I've already told you that on your first visit."

Peggy had decided to make an appearance at the least opportune time and was presently eyeing both men suspiciously. "What are you doing behind the reception desk, Jungkook?"

"I'm-I was just looking for — a pen, so I can, you know, give Taehyung the number to call for one-to-one yoga classes," he manages to mouth under his breath.

"And what number would that be?" she enquired.

Nosy Peggy. Obnoxious Peggy. Won't-you-please-just-shut-up-and-let-them-flirt-in-peace Peggy.

"I know someone. He's a good friend of mine," Jungkook blurted out before grabbing Taehyung by the elbow and gently but firmly guiding him toward the exit. "Come, I'll escort you out."

Taehyung followed him out, blinking in astonishment. Something very strange was happening. Some unfamiliar and rather jolting warmth was spreading from the elbow Jungkook had seized all the way to the tip of his stiff limbs.

Wattpad writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡