26- Luella, do you think I can do it?

HIII We're looking at probably 30 chapters- 

happy reading:) 

Sunday 27th May 

I lean in. "I see you moving close to me."

Emersyn inches back away from me on the bench and I laugh, reaching for my drink and turning to her and giving her an amused look.

We were still in her parent's garden, Nove and Cole had just gone to go and get some more drinks and I was here trying very hard to maintain some space from Em.

We had been casually drinking all evening, it has been so relaxed out here. Us just talking about random shit, out on the back porch, lights dimly lighting our faces and a few candles to keep the bugs away.

We felt close anyway, but I could also feel her presence getting closer next to me.

And I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, but I wanted to make her aware too.

She turns to me a little. "Tonight has been nice August."

I nod, watching her face, the way she is fiddling with the blanket on her lap.

"Can I have some of the blanket?" I ask.

She nods, meaning I reach over for it, I also subtly tap her thigh to ask her to come closer, cocking my head so she can read it.

She nudges slightly closer on the seat and I just laugh slightly, getting warmed by the blanket now to my lap and her arm against mine.

November and Cole come back out, Cole handing me another drink and November handing one to Emersyn.

They usually sit on this seat, I don't really know how it ended up Emersyn and I on here but I am not complaining. I wonder if she will let me hold her hand. I graze my knuckles down her arm, feeling for her fingers and then I rest my hand on hers.

"Thank you," I say, taking a sip of my drink.

"Thanks." Emersyn says softly next to me, her fingers twitching undermine but she doesn't move them.

I just relax into the chair, thinking about when to leave. I have to go at some point, I don't want to overstay, but I also want to be here.

Cole and November are still talking through whatever they went into the kitchen talking about, their voices loud, amused, but mostly between themselves.

Emersyn's hand turns slowly under mine to weave her fingers between mine and I lean in a little.

"I should go soon."

Her hand tightens and I smile, looking down. "Do you want to come with me?"

She slowly shakes her head.

"I do kinda want to, but I think I should take a night to process things."

"Okay." I say back quietly, obviously not intending to try and force her into staying with me.

"We could call though?" She says quietly. "Maybe?"

"I'm down if you want to."

"August you driving?" Cole asks. "You've had a bit to drink."

I give him a slightly amused look. "Nah, I am going to give Rayne a text to come and get me in a second."

"You can always stay-" November offers and Cole and Emersyn start shooting her looks.

She laughs, unable to conceal her amusement. "Or not..." She whispers.

I smile at her. "Nah, own beds tonight."